PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Transfer market

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Transfer market

Postby RI Stang » Tue May 16, 2017 1:00 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:
BleedSMUPride wrote:Would there be any incentive (or maybe its not an incentive) for Agau over Coleby for the possibility of having him for 2 years instead of 1? That way after this year (If we had 2 grad transfers this year) and if shake leaves, you could bring back all guys who were on the team last year? But it would risk one of the freshman bigs leaving and we would get no freshman recruits for this next class.

I know more about Coleby than I do Agau, but I am starting to lean more toward wanting Agau. Mainly because of the potential of having him two years would be huge. That being said I think Coleby can be a real effective big man for us this year. Not quite the athlete that Agau is, but is much more physical and still a solid athlete when healthy (was still recovering from ACL injury for first half of KU's season). I think they would probably be similar impact additions, but think Agau has an extra year to get to his ceiling and be a athletic rebounding big man.

I would be absolutely shocked if we added both. The staff was always looking to add a big no matter what Semi did, but now that he left I don't think they are desperate to replace Semi with someone like Agau or Coleby. I think they will stay at 11/just add one, which is what I am hoping for. We have some real nice 2018 targets we are in good position with and Everett Ray has a college ready body and should be able to give some solid contributor minutes next year, while Jarrey also plays alot at the "4".

Good insight and certainly makes sense if they feel Ray can eat those minutes rather quickly - thanks.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Stallion » Thu May 18, 2017 7:34 pm

"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BUS » Thu May 18, 2017 7:58 pm

This would help for depth and a BIG - Smart guy could make connections here.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue May 23, 2017 6:24 am

It will be interesting to see how Tulane transfer Dylan Ostekowski does as a Longhorn. Doesn't seem like the kind of skill set we'd go after but he was always a pain in the [deleted] to play against. Projected as a starter in Austin.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed May 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Alstork (Wright St grad transfer) just committed to Illinois.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby leopold » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Jack Whitman, the grad transfer F from William and Mary who ended up at Kansas, isn't going to go to Kansas:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Kans ... -104016363

We still need a forward?
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:41 am

leopold wrote:Jack Whitman, the grad transfer F from William and Mary who ended up at Kansas, isn't going to go to Kansas:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/BREAKING-Kans ... -104016363

We still need a forward?

Think we are happy where we are at. Focusing on adding a 2018 prospect.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball