PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU - OSU Watching Party

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU - OSU Watching Party

Postby Diehard Pony » Fri Jan 02, 2004 2:27 pm

Since it is always more fun to watch the Mustangs with other Pony fans, I am proposing to hold a watching party at my house. I already have a couple of people coming over, so the more the merrier (up to my capacity).

I have a 65" HD Pioneer with 7.1 surround sound, and I believe the program will be shown on ESPN HD, although it won't likely be true hi-def (very expensive to broadcast, and not high enough profile game).

Another reason I thought it might be good to do this is the Cowboy game is on in the same time slot, which will probably dominate the sports bars around Dallas (I, for one, am not much of a Cowboy fan), thus limiting the number of large venues.

The rules would be pretty simple: (1) support the Ponies; (2) be enthusiastic, but don't tear the place up; (3) BYOB (and drink responsibly); and (4) don't say too much negative stuff about TCU (believe it or not, my wife is a TCU grad...thankfully she supports the Ponies most of the time). I realize (4) is a major challenge for most of us.

E-mail me if you have interest. I live in Lake Highlands.

<small>[ 01-02-2004, 12:07 PM: Message edited by: Diehard Pony ]</small>
Diehard Pony
All-American

Re: SMU - OSU Watching Party

Postby Spaz » Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:56 pm

Ya had me interested up until number 4......
WHERE'S MY KETCHUP?!?!?!
Spaz
Varsity

Postby braginator » Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:45 am

I think that is awesome that you are gonna do that, but I say come on up to OK City and tailgate and scream your [deleted] off. I am going up with a group of seven guys and we are already planning a short drive over to Stillwater to celebrate after the game at Eskimo Joes (which is one of the coolest bars ever).
braginator
Junior Varsity

Postby Dark Horse » Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:59 pm

Originally posted by Diehard Pony:
Since it is always more fun to watch the Mustangs with other Pony fans, I am proposing to hold a watching party at my house. I already have a couple of people coming over, so the more the merrier (up to my capacity).

I have a 65" HD Pioneer with 7.1 surround sound, and I believe the program will be shown on ESPN HD, although it won't likely be true hi-def (very expensive to broadcast, and not high enough profile game).

Another reason I thought it might be good to do this is the Cowboy game is on in the same time slot, which will probably dominate the sports bars around Dallas (I, for one, am not much of a Cowboy fan), thus limiting the number of large venues.

The rules would be pretty simple: (1) support the Ponies; (2) be enthusiastic, but don't tear the place up; (3) BYOB (and drink responsibly); and (4) don't say too much negative stuff about TCU (believe it or not, my wife is a TCU grad...thankfully she supports the Ponies most of the time). I realize (4) is a major challenge for most of us.

E-mail me if you have interest. I live in Lake Highlands.
That's a really generous offer, Diehard. I sure wish I could make it. Hey webguys, how about Diehard for Poster of the week for offering up his big screen?
Dark Horse
All-American

Return to Basketball