PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Congrats to Semi-Honorable Mention All-American

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Congrats to Semi-Honorable Mention All-American

Postby Smulaw90 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:06 pm

Not bad for a guy who just finished his first season in college! Congrats Semi!!

Come back and you should be pre-season All-American (1st or 2nd team) next year! I watched your game develop with each passing game, and with another season behind you, I feel confident you will be a first Teamer next year.

PonyUP!!
Smulaw90
Junior Varsity

Re: Congrats to Semi-Honorable Mention All-American

Postby Arkpony » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:49 pm

PLEASE come back Semi! For your sake and the sake of the team!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby East Coast Mustang » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Semi would be a legitimate National Player of the Year candidate if he returns...I hope he does.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang

Postby ojaipony » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:44 am

There was a very good, and detailed, write up with video analysis of his game posted somewhere (maybe a draft site). It was awesome to watch because it showed areas to improve to improve his lottery chances next year. I feel he'll get the same kind of feedback from the pro scouts and come back one more year to develop those areas (if I recall correctly, it had a lot to do with 'bounciness', speed, hops, chasing small forwards/wings around, etc). Of course, he's got the toughness and strength all day long but given that he's 6'8", he'll need to be able to guard more on the wing in the pros and there was some major concern there with his ability to do that. The 2 other things, of course, he really has going for him is his range and his bball IQ. That, with his athleticism and strength, gets him drafted this year. But to get into that lottery discussion, there are improvements definitely needed. It seems George Lynch could help him quite a bit with that (the same position he played).
ojaipony

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

If he were to announce his return in a "timely" manner, I can see Moody sold out pretty quick for the 17-18 campaign.
Bergermeister

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:12 pm

Bergermeister wrote:If he were to announce his return in a "timely" manner, I can see Moody sold out pretty quick for the 17-18 campaign.

I'm surprised it isn't effectively sold out already.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Return to Basketball