PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lawson Brothers Transferring from Memphis

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Lawson Brothers Transferring from Memphis

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:12 pm

I know they have baggage, but I think it was a good move for KU. Lots of guys lose their sense of entitlement after they transfer and sit out a year and when pops doesn't run the show anymore. They are both talents and Self has dealt with plenty of guys with attitudes.

Dedric Lawson averaged 19-10 a game, I would love to add a guy who averaged 19-10 a game with some baggage that we could throw into the fold and assimilate to our culture and if they don't they ride the bench big time. I'm sure Self laid out the expectations and knows the stories. Transfers often change their tune (Markus Kennedy) once they get to a new place.

KJ seems kinda like a punk and not sure I would want him or that he will do much, but Dedric will probably be a good player for KU. Also, putting themselves in a good spot for the younger Lawson's.

Memphis needed to move on from Dad and their two attitudes regarding Memphis and Tubby, but that doesn't mean they are talented players. Tons of transfers butt heads with the coach, get in trouble on-off the court, or don't put in the work and then transfer. That is like 50% of transfers and many are successful at location #2.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Pony81 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:23 pm

The Brothers Lawson are headed to Kansas.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby hoopmanx » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:06 pm

PonyLawExpress wrote:I know they have baggage, but I think it was a good move for KU. Lots of guys lose their sense of entitlement after they transfer and sit out a year and when pops doesn't run the show anymore. They are both talents and Self has dealt with plenty of guys with attitudes.

Dedric Lawson averaged 19-10 a game, I would love to add a guy who averaged 19-10 a game with some baggage that we could throw into the fold and assimilate to our culture and if they don't they ride the bench big time. I'm sure Self laid out the expectations and knows the stories. Transfers often change their tune (Markus Kennedy) once they get to a new place.

KJ seems kinda like a punk and not sure I would want him or that he will do much, but Dedric will probably be a good player for KU. Also, putting themselves in a good spot for the younger Lawson's.

Memphis needed to move on from Dad and their two attitudes regarding Memphis and Tubby, but that doesn't mean they are talented players. Tons of transfers butt heads with the coach, get in trouble on-off the court, or don't put in the work and then transfer. That is like 50% of transfers and many are successful at location #2.

I stopped reading after Markus Kennedy supposedly changed his tune
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby White Helmet » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:16 pm

hoopmanx wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:I know they have baggage, but I think it was a good move for KU. Lots of guys lose their sense of entitlement after they transfer and sit out a year and when pops doesn't run the show anymore. They are both talents and Self has dealt with plenty of guys with attitudes.

I stopped reading after Markus Kennedy supposedly changed his tune

He didn't change his tune but he did put the cheeseburger down (sometimes)
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby smu2004 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:07 pm

smu2004
Varsity

Postby PonySnob » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Stay classy Lawsons!
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby leopold » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Tubby has bounced - apparently the Tigers have picked up commitments from a couple of JUCO All-Americans in the past couple of days and is going after a third.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball