PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Yanick Moreira is a Champion

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Yanick Moreira is a Champion

Postby Stallion » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 pm

easing the pain

10 points (5 for 7 FG) 11 rebounds 2 assists, 1 block and 1 steal in D League Championship-Markus Kennedy was inactive for the 2nd place team-would have loved to have seen the matchup. Should get an NBA look . Gosh if we could have traded that year wasted as 2nd big off the bench (after injury) and had him last year-no telling how far we would have gone

http://dleague.nba.com/games/20170427/RGVRAP/

https://twitter.com/Ymoreira35/status/8 ... 7880775681
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Yanick Moreira is a Champion

Postby skyscraper » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Congrats!!
skyscraper

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am

Yanick is an NBA guy in the right situation. Sadly, he wasnt properly realized at SMU. Larry's culture is legendary. His personnel and rotation decisions OTOH
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusportspage » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:39 am

Something I have wondered recently. Being that I don't follow this stuff very closely at all, which is better pay wise and for future NBA possibilities for a baller....NBA D-league or playing overseas. I just don't know how the two compare. Can anyone enlighten me?
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:10 am

smusportspage wrote:Something I have wondered recently. Being that I don't follow this stuff very closely at all, which is better pay wise and for future NBA possibilities for a baller....NBA D-league or playing overseas. I just don't know how the two compare. Can anyone enlighten me?

$19,500 (B-Level) and $26,000 (A-Level) and a total salary cap will rise to $209,000 for the d-league. You can make money if you are really on the cusp and will be a player that get's 10 day contract/call ups from the parent club during the year.

For the top leagues in Europe you are look at more like 10-20k a month for normal players, with the potential to go much higher.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby smusportspage » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:58 am

Interesting. Thanks!
smusportspage
Heisman

Postby mustangxc » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:18 pm

smusportspage wrote:Something I have wondered recently. Being that I don't follow this stuff very closely at all, which is better pay wise and for future NBA possibilities for a baller....NBA D-league or playing overseas. I just don't know how the two compare. Can anyone enlighten me?

If you want to make a livable wage you go to Europe, if you want more exposure to try and make it to the NBA you go to the D-league.
mustangxc

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:06 pm

Pony_Law wrote:

$19,500 (B-Level) and $26,000 (A-Level) and a total salary cap will rise to $209,000 for the d-league. You can make money if you are really on the cusp and will be a player that get's 10 day contract/call ups from the parent club during the year.

For the top leagues in Europe you are look at more like 10-20k a month for normal players, with the potential to go much higher.

MustangXc nailed it. Europe is more for career and D-League is still hoping to sneak into the NBA.

To add to PonyLaw the D-League pay is going up a bit and every team is getting the addition next year of 2 "two-way contracts" which is two additional "roster spots" so teams can more easily hold onto player rights and stash them in the D-league, but the player makes more money while in the D-League. It is for players with 0-4 years experience. Still don't make much, but if you are on the cusp then you might get the random 10 day contract or be a year away from having a huge season in the D-league potentially making a roster and getting a contract.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:28 pm

I loved Yanick. Definitely one of my favorite SMU players in the Brown/Jank era so far. I hope he gets an NBA look.

For some reason, one of the most memorable SMU hoops plays for me in recent years is when Yanick went coast to coast against Arkansas a few years ago. We lost that game; but that play was awesome.
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:02 pm

Happy for Yanick. I would love to see him get a final roster spot on a team next season.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Return to Basketball