PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Agau to transfer to SMU

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Agau to transfer to SMU

Postby East Coast Mustang » Wed May 31, 2017 12:39 pm

Stallion wrote:Stop the ENABLING-He won't be a productive citizen until he takes responsibility for repeated examples over the years of failing to live up his responsibilities and relying on his posse to bail him out. Life is about to smack him in the [deleted]

Easy to say with that silver spoon still lodged in your mouth

Keith came from a troubled background and didn't have many (if any) positive role models in his everyday life. Should we have recruited him? No. He wasnt ready academically or from a maturity standpoint to be a student athlete here, but we took a risk and it backfired on us. Meanwhile he ended up transferring to UNT, getting hurt, and no idea what he's doing now- I think he's exhausted his eligibility. I certainly hope the best for him and his young son going forward- it's a sad story and I while Keith didn't take advantage of the opportunities here, I still feel sorry for him and the whole situation.
2005 PonyFans.com Rookie of the Year Award Recipient
East Coast Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed May 31, 2017 1:34 pm

I would very much like to apologize to the PF community for mentioning his ^^^ name.

I hereby declare that this shall now be referred to as the Post-Wilfong the 1st period of SMU Men's Basketball.

We are now entering the Willfong the 2nd era.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed May 31, 2017 2:42 pm

PonyTime wrote:I would very much like to apologize to the PF community for mentioning his ^^^ name.

I hereby declare that this shall now be referred to as the Post-Wilfong the 1st period of SMU Men's Basketball.

We are now entering the Willfong the 2nd era.

Winner!! :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby deucetz » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:29 pm

TBL: Akoy Agau wanted to transfer to Nebraska, but claims interest wasn't mutual

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tbl- ... 952b3.html

Glad Nebraska didn't pursue him.
deucetz
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:06 pm

Our Style of Play is starting to get a little national buzz-it will be interesting to see if that's the long term plan or whether it was born of necessity

On what drew him to SMU:
"They don't just say you're a 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5. Which I like. I've always been someone that's able to do multiple things on the floor, so that allows me to dribble, take guys off the dribble, make open shots, post up. It has me all over the place where I can showcase a lot of different facets of my game. With the next level, that's what they like guys to have in my position."
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:30 pm

deucetz wrote:TBL: Akoy Agau wanted to transfer to Nebraska, but claims interest wasn't mutual

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tbl- ... 952b3.html

Glad Nebraska didn't pursue him.

Who in the world would want to go to Nebraska for basketball? Talk about a total wasteland.

So happy he ended up here he will have a blast playing and will definitely make the Ponies a better team!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby panhandle_pony » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:02 am

Word on the street in Omaha is "attitude" problem
panhandle_pony
All-American

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:10 pm

panhandle_pony wrote:Word on the street in Omaha is "attitude" problem

Interesting. Everything I have heard is he is a good kid. Graduated from Georgetown with pretty good grades. Maybe he thinks he is better than he is and gets pissy if he doesn't get PT (given that he has transferred twice). Regardless, I am sure Jank wouldn't take a guy who doesn't fit into his style/beliefs or fit in with the team, so not worried at all.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Pony81 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Nebraska recruited him out of HS and again when he transferred from Louisville. So I would imagine they were feeling a little scored thus their hesitancy to go all in a third time.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:52 pm

panhandle_pony wrote:Word on the street in Omaha is "attitude" problem

Really could care less about anything in Omaha. Agau got suspended for one game for a minor team violation (I think it was at G-town.) I will remind everyone that Ben Moore also got suspended for one game while here.
It happens....
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby longbuzzer » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:23 am

Let's face the facts, we have a good coach. In Jank we trust.

Welcome Afau.
longbuzzer
Junior Varsity

Previous

Return to Basketball