PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Who Has the Best Job in Each State?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Who Has the Best Job in Each State?

Postby deucetz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:27 am

I'm in a communications workshop so I'm trying to take my mind off of it lol

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... very-state

According to the article:
Texas: Texas Longhorns
Although Shaka Smart missed expectations last season, he makes $3 million per year, and the UT name helps him pursue five-star talent each season. Just ask Mohamed Bamba, part of a top-10 recruiting class Smart assembled for 2017-18.

I disagree. I feel he may be fired in two years if he doesn't start making more wins.

To me it is Baylor, SMU, Texas, A&M, Tech, Houston, UTA, SFA, UTEP, San Houston, and UNT

I define it as: winning percentage, fan support, coach security, reputation/history, conference affiliation, facilities, recruits, and other intangibles (not in any order)
Last edited by deucetz on Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deucetz
All-American

Re: Who Has the Best Job in Each State?

Postby mustangxc » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:47 pm

TCU is in there ahead of Tech and probably A&M. I hate to say it but TCU is really one of the "it" programs of college athletics. Regular P5 bowl games, College World Series appearances, and soon NCAA basketball tournament appearances.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deucetz » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:55 pm

mustangxc wrote:TCU is in there ahead of Tech and probably A&M. I hate to say it but TCU is really one of the "it" programs of college athletics. Regular P5 bowl games, College World Series appearances, and soon NCAA basketball tournament appearances.

I forgot to add. It would be Baylor, SMU, Texas, TCU, A&M, Tech, Houston, UTA, SFA, UTEP, San Houston, and UNT

TCU is definitely on a roll. They are really using sports to enhance their campus as well. They are the best case study for smaller private schools.
deucetz
All-American

Postby mrydel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:00 pm

They better get ready for the hammer to drop on them by the NCAA when someone? turns them in for improprieties that will shut them down for a while.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:20 pm

Did someone touch the Horny Toad in an inappropriate place?
One Trick Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Who has the Best Job in Texas?

Well, if you factor in that one actually have to live there, it eliminates every city outside of Austin, Houston & Dallas. Waco and Lubbock especially become huge negatives.

Now look at facilities, support and school's reputation and it comes down to SMU & UT.

This is similar to the debate between UNC & Duke for North Carolina supremacy. As author prefers Duke, the small private school, over UNC, I will be consistent and say it's SMU over UT. :wink:
SoCal_Pony

Postby Pony Boss » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Chad Morris has the best job in the state.
Pony Boss
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball