PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Ringer: Ben Moore

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Ringer: Ben Moore

Postby Harry0569 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:18 am

"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The Ringer: Ben Moore

Postby Harry0569 » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:25 am

This is a phenomenal read. I encourage every single one of you to read it.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby hoopmanx » Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:15 am

I read it and thought it was a mixed bag. I love Ben, hes a fine all around player, but that write up gave him credit for skills he doesn't actually possess. LOL at the Ben euro-step and or finishing w either hand. I give him credit, he'll attack from the elbow or higher off the bounce, straight line drive, and attempt to finish left or right. Unfortunately, hes a bad finisher in those situations. Very very bad in fact. Beyond that, reworking shooting mechanics in the past 6 weeks by watching Kawhi is funny. Youtube was around the previous 3 years as was Hobbie who was widely considered NYCs best shot doctor. on the real, his jumper is mechanically broken as is Whitts and you're not going to see either dramatically change, now or ever.

I have no earthly idea how Ben Moore would ever score in the NBA, none. He's not even big enough in that league to be a garbage put back guy. He'll never get anything off over his shoulders, IF he knew how to play over his shoulders, which he doesn't. The kid has a future playing pro ball, making loot and being a fine human being. That said, other than IQ and hustle, what else is there really? Its a nice read and the kid did research, see Ben running some PG in practice/Crum etc. That's not common knowledge other than to some of us die hards.

Anyway, i hope he gets his name called or gets a real shot in summer league, unlike that Nic nonsense last summer. He deserves it
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby max the wonder dog » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:00 am

hoopmanx wrote:I read it and thought it was a mixed bag. I love Ben, hes a fine all around player, but that write up gave him credit for skills he doesn't actually possess. LOL at the Ben euro-step and or finishing w either hand. I give him credit, he'll attack from the elbow or higher off the bounce, straight line drive, and attempt to finish left or right. Unfortunately, hes a bad finisher in those situations. Very very bad in fact. Beyond that, reworking shooting mechanics in the past 6 weeks by watching Kawhi is funny. Youtube was around the previous 3 years as was Hobbie who was widely considered NYCs best shot doctor. on the real, his jumper is mechanically broken as is Whitts and you're not going to see either dramatically change, now or ever.

I have no earthly idea how Ben Moore would ever score in the NBA, none. He's not even big enough in that league to be a garbage put back guy. He'll never get anything off over his shoulders, IF he knew how to play over his shoulders, which he doesn't. The kid has a future playing pro ball, making loot and being a fine human being. That said, other than IQ and hustle, what else is there really? Its a nice read and the kid did research, see Ben running some PG in practice/Crum etc. That's not common knowledge other than to some of us die hards.

Anyway, i hope he gets his name called or gets a real shot in summer league, unlike that Nic nonsense last summer. He deserves it

So what do you see as his international prospects?
max the wonder dog
Heisman

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 am

I didn't think Q had any chance in the NBA either.
ponyboy

Postby 1983 Cotton Bowl » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:11 am

Well, it looks like Ben will get his shot with the Pacers. I wish him the very best!!
1983 Cotton Bowl
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:06 pm

That's fantastic for Ben.

Lots to keep an eye on in summer leagues!
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Return to Basketball