PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

FSU game... What does FSU have this year?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

FSU game... What does FSU have this year?

Postby ponyte » Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:21 pm

What does FSU have this year and how do we stack up aganist them?
ponyte
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: FSU game... What does FSU have this year?

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:10 am

Fresno comes in 6-5 having played a pretty tough schedule that includes losses to Oregon, Crighton, USC and Princeton. They beat Wash St and they picked up a big win AT Hawaii and sit at 2-0 in WAC play. They are loaded with JUCOs as usual and don't have a single Frosh on the roster. Very balanced scoring with 5 guys averaging double figures (guards Legans and Pettis and swing/post players West, Woods & Major). It all starts with their Senior PG, Shantay Legans, who averages 11.7 ppg and hands out 6 assists per game. His assist:turnover ratio is an excellent almost 3:1
Charleston Pony

Postby ponyte » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:54 am

Thanks for the info. How is the FSU team of this year compared to last year's FSU team? If memeory sreves me, we were able to play with FSU last year. I think (feel) that we are an improved team this year and wonder how that might stack up against this year's FSU team.
ponyte

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 8:05 pm

I'd be surprised if we play very well tonight. SMU played two nights ago and made a long trip to Fresno yesterday. Even though we fans are now used to the idea of SMU playing in California a couple times a year, I don't think it gets any easier for the players. I think when we got the Ok State game scheduled, Dement pushed the Tulsa game back a day to prepare for the conference opener, which was a must win on the schedule. SMU will pay the price for that lost day tonight at Fresno. Hope I'm wrong, but this is fairly predictable.
Hoop Fan

Return to Basketball