PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Two TCU freshmen not cleared by NCAA --yet

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Two TCU freshmen not cleared by NCAA --yet

Postby skyscraper » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:58 pm

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/roths ... ared-ncaa/

With the 2017-18 college basketball season now right around the corner, the TCU Horned Frogs have encountered a slight hiccup regarding a pair of incoming freshmen. According to TCU head coach Jamie Dixon, both Lat Mayen and Kevin Samuel have yet to be cleared by the NCAA and will not travel with the team to Australia.

However, Dixon also made a point to note that both players are expected to be cleared by the fall.

Mayen stands at 6-foot-8 while weighing just under 200 pounds. Ranked by 247Sports as the No. 301 overall player within the 2017 recruiting class, the up-and-coming big man was also slated as the No. 73 power forward via the same composite. Even so, Mayen was still a coveted prospect coming out of the Australian Institute of Sport as 247Sports notably ranked him as the No. 1 overall player in New South Wales for 2017. As a result, he will arrive on campus as a three-star recruit for the aforementioned Dixon.

On the other hand, Samuel is a 6-foot-10 center out of Houston while ranked as a four-star recruit by 247Sports. Slated as the No. 118 overall player in the 2017 recruiting class, the young big man is also rated as the No. 12 center nationally and the No. 7 overall player in Texas.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Two TCU freshmen not cleared by NCAA --yet

Postby PonyTime » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:22 am

I feel bad for them.

They try so hard to have a respectable basketball program and the NCAA just keeps on keeping them down.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Two TCU freshmen not cleared by NCAA --yet

Postby malonish » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:27 am

PonyTime wrote:I feel bad for them.

They try so hard to have a respectable basketball program and the NCAA just keeps on keeping them down.

Fine. We'll help them... but THIS IS THE LAST TIME
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball