PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Great HS game tonight

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Great HS game tonight

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:33 pm

If you want to see two of the most talented teams in DFW go check out Seagoville and Lincoln tonight at Sprague. There are 6 legit D1 players on these two teams.

Seagoville has LaMarcus Aldridge (#1 senior in Texas, top 10 in country, UT commit but may go pro), Ryan Boyd (top 5 junior in Texas, likely top 100 player in country), and Donald Sloan (top 3 soph in Texas and one of the best soph in country, recently scored 30 pts in game)

Lincoln has Bryon Eaton (#1 junior in Texas, top 10 junior in country), Roderick Rodgers (top 30 senior in Texas, UT-SA commit), Gary Flowers (top 10 junior in Texas), and Joel Bosh (Chris’ lil bro)

Lincoln has won 10 games in a row and Seagoville has only one loss to a Texas school 62-61 to #1 FW Dunbar

As far as recruiting goes, I am hopeful that we are going after Flowers, Boyd, and Sloan. Sloan is an absolute stud.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Great HS game tonight

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:00 pm

Lincoln pride was in full force tonight. They showed why they are one of powers in Texas high school bball. Playing without their leader, Eaton, they dominated Seagoville, 79-62. Junior C/PF Gary Flowers was a monster as he outplayed the states top senior, Aldridge. I was told as I was leaving he had a triple double, (pts, reb, blocks) scoring 26 and blocking 10 shots, and he was only a couple of assist away from a quadruple double. Our boy Hop needs to get this young man to Hilltop. He is exactly what we are missing, athletic big man that will swat anything that comes his way. score, and board.

Aldridge was good and you can see the potential, he is very long. Sloan should be the top 06 player in the state. He can flat out play.

Great game with loads of talent, even without Eaton. If Dunbar meets Lincoln in the playoffs, they could play that game at Reunion and sell it out. There is terrific HS hoops being play in the Plex...buts that’s really nothing new.

LA_Mustang

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:26 am

Thanks for the report. I had wanted to go, but couldn't pull it off. I thought the game was going to be at Forester for some reason though, good thing I didn't go. Maybe I'll catch the rematch later.
Hoop Fan

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:17 am

HF, the game was at Forester. My friend that I always go with gets Sprague and Forester mixed up and he had told me earlier in the day that it was at Sprague. Luckily he knew where to go last night.

That was the third time I have seen Lincoln and they looked pretty good without Eaton. Not sure why Eaton was out but Flowers was very impressive. If you haven’t seen Sloan of Seagoville you need to check him out. That kid is the real deal and he's only a sophomore.

LA_Mustang

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:04 am

HF,
Another great looking prospect that is worth catching is junior Booker Woodfox of Lewisville. He has been putting up big numbers lately and has drawn comparisons to Bracey Wright. He’s another one I hope we are talk to.

LA_Mustang

Postby Hoop Fan » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:16 am

will do. One of these days we should meet up at one of these games. I'd like to meet a Mustang fan who likes hoops as much as you do.
Hoop Fan

Postby LA_Mustang » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:37 am

Sounds like a plan. I'll keep my eye out for a good game. You do the same and let me know if you see something you like.

LA_Mustang

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:41 pm

Originally posted by LA_Mustang:
If you haven’t seen Sloan of Seagoville you need to check him out.
BTW If any of yall can come over to Longview or Tyler or Lufkin some place to see the Longview Lobos Basketball team. BOY!!! We serouisly I think we're goin to State. We're 20-1 right now. (Tied a school record last night with 19 straight wins) We Beat JOHN TYLER!! by 26 points! Tyler Lee by 25 I believe. We face Lufkin in Lufkin next. We have some of the best basketball players Ive ever seen! (Hint hint recruiters) Go Lobos!
Mustangs35SMU

Return to Basketball