PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

A Good Story about Lloyd aka Dement

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

A Good Story about Lloyd aka Dement

Postby Panicstricken » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:34 pm

So anyway Pony_Fan and I are leaving the game, needless to say not in the best mood. I happen to see Jolly old Copeland in his Santa sweater...so I think this is an opportune time to vent my feeling about our wonderful coach...Lloyd.

So I give holler "Copeland you need to start making some better decisions about your coaches"(I mean come on...we have Bennett and Dement aka Lloyd) Anyway a portly woman looks at me in disgust and states, "I’m the coaches wife" I reply. "I’m sorry Mrs. Dement, I didn’t mean to offend" She then started to cry (slight embellishment) and replied..."Well you did"

So Mrs. Dement, if you’re out here. I would like to offer a sincere apology...but LLOYD cant coach.
Panicstricken

Re: A Good Story about Lloyd aka Dement

Postby Hoop Fan » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:49 pm

Hey, lets be cool. Mrs. Dement has a husband and a son on the team. It must be rough on her to feel the vibe and hear the quips. Dement deserves some respect too. He runs an impeccably clean program, recruits good kids and graduates players. And even though I think its time for a change, he has produced winning records along the way. If he can't turn it around over the next few weeks, there is no reason it should get ugly and no matter what he should be thanked for his efforts in my view.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:28 pm

Well said, HF. Dement has done as well as any coach at the Hilltop, post DP. But like you said in another post, he just seems to be miserable out there. It is almost as if the players, fans and even Dement expect to lose.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Panicstricken » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:38 am

Look Ive never met nor seen Mrs. Dement so it wasnt intentional. I was just pi$$ed and wanted to let our AD who is responsible for hiring and keeping DEMENTED for all these years know how I felt....as a fan I dont think that is overstepping my bounds.

If people consistently underperform and drag a program down should they make 3-400K a year...hell freaking NO!!!
Panicstricken

Postby Panicstricken » Fri Jan 16, 2004 12:40 am

Now that Ive apologized...YOU TWO NEED TO HAVE YOUR HEADS EXAMINED...This team has consistently had MORE TALENT THAN ANYONE IN THE LEAGUE and has UNDERPERFORMED EVERY YEAR!!!

Please DO NOT settle...this program has so much potential...DEMENT has to GO!
Panicstricken

Postby ponyboy » Fri Jan 16, 2004 8:32 am

This discussion is irrelevent as it's been Proven that it doesn't matter who's wearing the whistle. Dement, Calipari, Majerus, Bonzo, what's the difference?
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy

Postby Red Horse » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:10 pm

Originally posted by Panicstricken:
So anyway Pony_Fan and I are leaving the game, needless to say not in the best mood. I happen to see Jolly old Copeland in his Santa sweater...so I think this is an opportune time to vent my feeling about our wonderful coach...Lloyd.

So I give holler "Copeland you need to start making some better decisions about your coaches"(I mean come on...we have Bennett and Dement aka Lloyd) Anyway a portly woman looks at me in disgust and states, "I’m the coaches wife" I reply. "I’m sorry Mrs. Dement, I didn’t mean to offend" She then started to cry (slight embellishment) and replied..."Well you did"

So Mrs. Dement, if you’re out here. I would like to offer a sincere apology...but LLOYD cant coach.
You could not have been more frustrated and disappointed than I was. I have watched SMU basketball for 40 years and I am frustrated.

Having said that - Mr. Copeland and Mr. Dement are easy to reach by phone, email, or office visit. If you are a real SMU fan as you lead us to believe, you should have more respect for the people involved than just blurting out negative criticisms in public places. You obviously hurt innocent people with you outburst. If you have something constructive to say - you ought to have the responsibility to say it to the right people in private. Nothing useful is served by doing what you did. You not only hurt a coach's wife but you could have a negative impact on potential recruits and their friends and family.
Red Horse
Recruit

Postby Pony_Fan » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:17 pm

NOTE: this is the same guy who got kicked out of the Wake game...
Pony_Fan

Return to Basketball