PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Semi, Sterling and Ben's NBA thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Semi, Sterling and Ben's NBA thread

Postby jimhagle » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:25 pm

Brown finally had a break out game last night. Seems he and Semi have been very uptight and it shows with their FG percentage.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:01 pm

FriscoPMG wrote:Nice game for Sterling last night - 11 points in 12 min on 4-4 shooting (3-3 on 3's).
One of his 3's: https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/950547118569213952
Postgame: https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/950564931488960513

Great, thanks.

Unfortunate that it was garbage time in a losing cause.

Reading those twitter replies makes our panic thread look tame. We need to up our game. :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deucetz » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Prank on Sterling by Giannis antetokounmpo : https://instagram.com/p/BdwMuw2lRhe/
deucetz
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:59 pm

I laughed when my wife show me a Snapchat (I guess?) of him getting punked. It look like he got hazed by having like a 100 large bags of popcorn blown up inside G-wagon (I presume). Pretty funny.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Grant Carter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:57 pm

Sterling is not the guy I would play that prank on. There was a moment near the end that the look on his face showed he was pissed I thought.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby PonySnob » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Grant Carter wrote:Sterling is not the guy I would play that prank on. There was a moment near the end that the look on his face showed he was pissed I thought.

It’s called welcome to the league
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby ojaipony » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Damn, I miss Sterling. This team needs some Sterling right now. Need some east coast / Chicago type tough guys.
ojaipony

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm

ojaipony wrote:Damn, I miss Sterling. This team needs some Sterling right now. Need some east coast / Chicago type tough guys.

Hopefully, they will try to go get some more Chicago area players.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 am

Sterling pulled down 7 boards in just 21 minutes in the Bucks win last night. Fierce competitor and we knew we were going to miss him
Charleston Pony

Postby PoconoPony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am

I really wish SMU had a course to teach athletes how to be interviewed.
PoconoPony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:27 am

News out that the pacers are signing Ben Moore to a two-way contract from his current G-league deal. This will allow the pacers to move him up and down between the G-league and NBA. Ben has been killing it for the G-league team.

People need to appreciate how insanely talented the team last year was. Tournament inexperience (Ben and Sterling were not leaders of the NIT or our previous NCAA team, Semi din't play at all his year at Duke) playing against a confident team on a high, and I think fatigue (6 man rotation for basically the whole year) cost them a deep tournament run. That team will likely have had 5 starters who played at least some minutes in the NBA, that is insane (feel confident Ben will get minutes with this news, Shake is a lock for some minutes if he is a 1st round pick, and Jarrey has got a strong chance). For Reference the the UCONN 2014 team that won the national championship had 1 player that made it into a game in the NBA (they also had a d-league player and some other non american league professionals).
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby GoMustAAngs2007 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Pony_Law wrote:News out that the pacers are signing Ben Moore to a two-way contract from his current G-league deal. This will allow the pacers to move him up and down between the G-league and NBA. Ben has been killing it for the G-league team.

People need to appreciate how insanely talented the team last year was. Tournament inexperience (Ben and Sterling were not leaders of the NIT or our previous NCAA team, Semi din't play at all his year at Duke) playing against a confident team on a high, and I think fatigue (6 man rotation for basically the whole year) cost them a deep tournament run. That team will likely have had 5 starters who played at least some minutes in the NBA, that is insane (feel confident Ben will get minutes with this news, Shake is a lock for some minutes if he is a 1st round pick, and Jarrey has got a strong chance). For Reference the the UCONN 2014 team that won the national championship had 1 player that made it into a game in the NBA (they also had a d-league player and some other non american league professionals).

Good post. What you didn't mention that cost that team a run in the NCAAT is that none of the three freshmen panned out. Imagine if McDowell, Wilson, or Froling had been able to contribute with meaningful minutes. We owe the world to Larry Brown but the misses on all three of these guys cost last year's team dearly.

On Jank - he has 3-4 years to prove he can keep this program at a high level with his staff and players. Let's not forget he is the reason Nic Moore ended up here, and he can dine out on that for a while if nothing else.

We have enough fans who have tasted winning and high level basketball that apathy isn't an issue like it is with football. We will be fine. Keep the faith.
GoMustAAngs2007
Junior Varsity

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:50 pm

How about our boy Sterling tonight? He is showing up on ESPN against the World Champs. Got a loud ovation from the Bucks crowd for his D on Klay and hit a big 3.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby PonyLaw90 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:25 am

Proud of all 3 of these guys. All 3 graduated, stayed under the radar and balled out. What more could you want. Oh yea, and they won!
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 am

Way to go Ben Moore!

Three in the show..... amazing.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball