PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Season tickets

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Season tickets

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Just wondering how many we sell. Uc just set a record with 5000 plus for next year. Wondering how we compare.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Season tickets

Postby LA_Mustang » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:18 pm

Didn't we cap the season tix at 5,000? And I believe we have sold all 5,000 the past four seasons.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby lollaperuna » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:28 am

I was surprised to hear them say "get your season tickets now" when they brought the players out Saturday. Must be availability.
lollaperuna
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 am

Posted about 3 weeks ago by SMU

Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby tristatecoog » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:50 am

Ticket website says "Season tickets for the 2016-17 SMU men's basketball season are currently sold out! Sign up for the official 2017-18 season ticket wait list and secure your place in line to select seats as they become available."
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:06 am

There were plenty of seats open when I relocated my seats. Although mostly in the corners and upper 2-3 rows
Pony ^

Postby Prideful Pony » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:17 am

Bought my season tickets last week. I asked about the 8 corner sections and was told there were only two pairs of seats available there. So not sold out yet, but close.
Prideful Pony
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Well they freed up some existing season ticket seats back in May, but they sold those again before September 18th. I guess those were for the secret wait list.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:10 pm

Abu - you were on the floor at one point. Saw your comment on the Mustang club and assume that you no longer hold season tix. I too have not been happy with how they have worked things over there. If you are a BBall but not Football season ticket holder you are treated as a second citizen, no matter your donation level.

They need to start to realize that the next generation of fans and donors may very well be Mustang Basketball fans who have perhaps given up on Football or are completely indifferent to Football.

I bet Mark Cuban attended many more hoops games at IU than Football.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:37 pm

well I guess you screwed up not supporting the football program. They should give preference to those who support the entire program-SMU's basketball team wouldn't have been in the AAC without SMU's football program. Welcome to the 21st Century-that's how all programs operate these days.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby Black Horseshoe » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:15 pm

PonyTime wrote:Abu - you were on the floor at one point. Saw your comment on the Mustang club and assume that you no longer hold season tix. I too have not been happy with how they have worked things over there. If you are a BBall but not Football season ticket holder you are treated as a second citizen, no matter your donation level.

They need to start to realize that the next generation of fans and donors may very well be Mustang Basketball fans who have perhaps given up on Football or are completely indifferent to Football.

I bet Mark Cuban attended many more hoops games at IU than Football.

For the time being there are plenty of people willing to have basketball and football season tickets
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Season tickets

Postby Mustangsabu » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:39 pm

I have been a football season ticket holder for 10 years, and a b-ball holder for 9. About a month ago I got a call asking if I’d like to buy basketball season tickets. I said I’d like to renew my previous seats. I was told they had already sold my seats to someone else a couple of weeks previously. Apparently they had sent an email saying that if you didn’t make your donation by May 11th you would lose your seats. But they called me on May 15th to renew my football seats and I paid my donation then. They didn’t tell me that my donation was too late for my basketball seats or indeed that my football seats didn’t require that level of donation. They just took my money and never said a word. Three months later they sell my basketball seats and have the balls to call me and ask if I want to buy more.

I know I should have read the email, but it went to an old account I stared check. My fault. But they call me any time they want money. But they couldn’t call me and say “we need your donation if you want to keep your seats”. They just took them.

I used to be in the front row of the old red seats (now the Blue) and I went every game. This is how they treat their fans.

I’m done. I will be at every game, but I will get seats in the secondary market. And for football too.

I know that stallion is right in many ways about the fans needing to financially carry the load, and I understand that many might not approve but I have to look my sons in the face and teach them how to treat people and to value themselves enough to demand respect. To my core I believe that this is not how fans should be treated. Especially not loyal fans, of which I consider myself one.

Oh and I wrote to Hart and Pottkotter expressing my sadness at the decision I was forced to make. Didn’t merit a response apparently.

My sons will be better. And they both love the Ponies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:25 pm

Wow Mustangsabu that is just shocking!

Not surprising at all, but shocking.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby horsemanx » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:33 pm

That is insane they would treat you that way based on your history.

I am going to enjoy this year to its fullest because I assume I will be out one way or another when they reseat in 2018 anyway.

Pony Up!
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:27 pm

Stallion wrote:well I guess you screwed up not supporting the football program. They should give preference to those who support the entire program-SMU's basketball team wouldn't have been in the AAC without SMU's football program. Welcome to the 21st Century-that's how all programs operate these days.

So you are saying a Mustang Club BBall supporter who donates twice as much as a Football Supporter should be second class? Really? Seems like you must work for the Mustang Club.

SMU BBall would have been in the Big East with TCU, Louisville, Georgetown, Villanova, etc if SMU Football had been relevant at the time. Those teams left that conference because of the joke SMU football program. Don't tell me that SMU Football did any favors in our getting into the AAC. Seriously.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Basketball