PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

New coach suggestions

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

New coach suggestions

Postby OldPony » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:18 pm

Sorry but I can't post replies for some reason.
Umass may not have been a big draw (they were D-1a I believe) but the areea cares about basketball. If you win there, people WILL come out. Dallas doesn't care about SMU. Even when SMU was winning in the SWC, it took the other teams' fans to fill Moody. We sill have to gamble on someone very much like Dement in his qualifications. Maybe it will work, maybe not. I live and die (mostly die) SMU sports as much as anyone. We may need new blood. We are likely to find someone who isn't any better than Dement but we will lose the recruiting connections he has built up. The reqason we are likely to find a coach who is no better is that anyone with eyes would look at this job as barely D-1. You can find more than 100 college basketball coaching jobs better than SMU. A lot of them turn over each year and are more prized. I would like to see somewhere how we rank in attendance among all of D-1. I bet it isn't pretty.
OldPony
Heisman

Return to Basketball