PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Two at Webster Groves To Recruit

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Two at Webster Groves To Recruit

Postby smustatesman » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 pm

This is the High school ( Webster Groves, Missouri) that gave us Jim Krebs, and usually 4/5 Freshmen a year.
Courtney Ramey, 6'4" PG/SG ------Gave oral commitment to Petrino and Louisville on 2/17/17. De-committed on 10/2/17. Ranked by some in top 25 nationally.

Carte'are Gordon, 6'9" PF-------Gave oral to Saint Louis University.

I feel we could get both of these guys if we really wanted, by grabbing Ramey while he's now free; and Gordon may follow. Jank I know you know your way to Roberts Gymnasium and Coach Jay Blossom at 314/963-6400 ext 11314; or blossom.jay@wgmail.org
Pony Up
Smustatesman aka NUKE......I procreate and I vote.
smustatesman
All-American

Re: Two at Webster Groves To Recruit

Postby smustatesman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:51 pm

By the way Gordon's girlfriend has also received a scholarship for soccer to SLU. Webster was state champs last year. I believe we too have a pretty good women's soccer team at SMU. Better that SLU's.
smustatesman
All-American

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:13 am

Actually SLU is ranked much higher than SMU in women's soccer. But let's not let that stop us!

Did not realize Krebs went to Webster. My dad went there a few years after him.

The Frisco Bell Turkey day game is always a site to see.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smustatesman » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:15 pm

By the way. The Post-Dispatch reported that 4 members of the basketball team were accused of rape over this past weekend by several women. Yesterday, the press reported that all practices all now closed, and the basketball coach has not talked to, or responded to calls by the press. Also the school's AD is not/has not responded to the press. All this, while the school's President say acts like rape will not be tolerated at SLU. And, the school should be transparent in all its activities.

Please, rescue Gordon and his girlfriend before they're grabbed by another top 25 program....Pony Up now.
smustatesman
All-American

Return to Basketball