PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

ESPN: NBA draft rankings: Top 10 NCAA junior prospects

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

ESPN: NBA draft rankings: Top 10 NCAA junior prospects

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:02 am

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_ ... basketball

3. Shake Milton
SMU
PG

Height: 6-foot-6 | Wingspan: 7-0

Milton has prototypical tools for an NBA guard, standing 6-foot-6 with a chiseled frame and an exceptional 7-foot wingspan. He has converted 42 percent of his 3-point attempts at the college level. He legitimately plays point guard for SMU, despite having the measurements of a small forward. With SMU's three other double-digit scorers last season off to the pro ranks, scouts will want to see how Milton handles himself in what will undoubtedly be a far more prominent role.

Milton often has looked all too content blending into the background and being more of a spot-up shooter and an average distributor, struggling to create his own offense in the half-court (49 percent from 2) and rarely getting to the free throw line. Can he become more of a leader as an upperclassman?
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: ESPN: NBA draft rankings: Top 10 NCAA junior prospects

Postby bodo » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:26 am

I hope Shake has a killer year and can play less true PG and more shooting/SF.
--Bodo
bodo
Scout Team

Postby LA_Mustang » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:34 pm

This writer has Shake as the 46th best player in the country. He has been waiting for a breakout year from Shake for YEARS? lol even though Shake’s only played two years and had a really good fresh year on a loaded team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:46 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:This writer has Shake as the 46th best player in the country. He has been waiting for a breakout year from Shake for YEARS? lol even though Shake’s only played two years and had a really good fresh year on a loaded team.

That ranking was a bit silly all around. Having 3 Cincy players and no Jarrey was a bit ridiculous to me. I'm fine with Shake as our only ranked player but let's not stuff the ballot box for Cincy, rankings guy. Cincy is this good because they are deep not because they have a couple transcendent players.

PonyFan32
Heisman

Return to Basketball