PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Secret scrimmage

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Secret scrimmage

Postby AusTxPony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Did we have that thing with UT yet?
AusTxPony
Hall of Famer

Re: Secret scrimmage

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Yesterday.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:09 pm

And according to a source we scored more points than they did...
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby gostangs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:33 pm

Has anyone ever reported from a scrimmage that said otherwise? I think you can throw the whisper stuff from these out the window.
gostangs

Postby Black Horseshoe » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:37 pm

Ok, SMU scored less points than the other team
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby RGV Pony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:19 pm

gostangs wrote:Has anyone ever reported from a scrimmage that said otherwise? I think you can throw the whisper stuff from these out the window.
My guess is someone from Texas likely reported the converse of this
RGV Pony

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:01 pm

What I don’t understand is why our school makes it so hard to be a fan. We finally have a program that is worth following and we get nothing. No preseason event/scrimmage, no press releases/updates on how the team is coming along. We have a scrimmage against UT and the one national media member (Goodman) who reported it had the wrong date. We supposedly won the scrimmage and a day later no press release, no box score or anything about the game.

TCU has a huge event scheduled for their fans/students next week. UNT had a similar one last week. UTA won a scrimmage yesterday against OU and it was reported on by several media outlets including the school. And I know, there will be some great reason why nothing was put out about this scrimmage, there always is.

LA_Mustang

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:39 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:What I don’t understand is why our school makes it so hard to be a fan. We finally have a program that is worth following and we get nothing. No preseason event/scrimmage, no press releases/updates on how the team is coming along. We have a scrimmage against UT and the one national media member (Goodman) who reported it had the wrong date. We supposedly won the scrimmage and a day later no press release, no box score or anything about the game.

TCU has a huge event scheduled for their fans/students next week. UNT had a similar one last week. UTA won a scrimmage yesterday against OU and it was reported on by several media outlets including the school. And I know, there will be some great reason why nothing was put out about this scrimmage, there always is.

Where did you get the information that SMU won the scrimmage?
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:04 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:What I don’t understand is why our school makes it so hard to be a fan. We finally have a program that is worth following and we get nothing. No preseason event/scrimmage, no press releases/updates on how the team is coming along. We have a scrimmage against UT and the one national media member (Goodman) who reported it had the wrong date. We supposedly won the scrimmage and a day later no press release, no box score or anything about the game.

This is so true. It makes no sense but not a lot about SMU does to me anymore.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:35 pm

No one is allowed to attend these scrimmages. Sometimes a media type can pass through the door with a wink and a nod, but SMU played this one by the books and nobody was let in. The coaches then leak the results out.
smusic 00

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:36 pm

The UTA scrimmage was a charity event. Those are different than the ‘secret’ ones we do with UT and CU.
smusic 00

Postby LA_Mustang » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:51 pm

Why are SMU’s “secret” when other schools around the country have video/info/stats out there for their fans to consume? Must have been a lot of charity events going on.

LA_Mustang

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:56 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:Why are SMU’s “secret” when other schools around the country have video/info/stats out there for their fans to consume? Must have been a lot of charity events going on.

Probably because of the double standard that has SMU being punished for things that other schools might do routinely?
Charleston Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:57 pm

I’m sure the people who have donated sufficiently are aware of the “score”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:19 pm

Nobody was allowed in to the scrimmage. Sometimes media folk are granted access, but SMU chose to be cautious since it is technically not allowed.
smusic 00

Next

Return to Basketball