PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Secret scrimmage

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Secret scrimmage

Postby PonyTime » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:25 pm

flockofseagulls wrote:i like to think that the teams doing the midnight madness and/or charity games are like rocky balboa's training approach whereas the secret scrimmagers are like clubber lang.

This is a most excellent analogy.

We really need to take the entire team to Siberia to train in seclusion. They could pull sleds, lift wheelbarrows and climb mountains with KGB agents in pursuit while our opponents use all of that modern technology.

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:35 pm

Black Horseshoe wrote:
ponyboy wrote:When are we going to get Texas on our regular season schedule?

When we agree to play at their place

and probably not even then
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyscott » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:What I don’t understand is why our school makes it so hard to be a fan. We finally have a program that is worth following and we get nothing. No preseason event/scrimmage, no press releases/updates on how the team is coming along. We have a scrimmage against UT and the one national media member (Goodman) who reported it had the wrong date. We supposedly won the scrimmage and a day later no press release, no box score or anything about the game.

TCU has a huge event scheduled for their fans/students next week. UNT had a similar one last week. UTA won a scrimmage yesterday against OU and it was reported on by several media outlets including the school. And I know, there will be some great reason why nothing was put out about this scrimmage, there always is.

Where did you get the information that SMU won the scrimmage?

There is one paid site that has everything you ever want to know timely about SMU for a small yearly amount...try it you won't be disappointed as they are extremely good.
ponyscott

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:28 pm

Also in this case follow Fran fraschilla on Twitter
RGV Pony

Postby Arkpony » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:36 pm

There is one paid site that has everything you ever want to know timely about SMU for a small yearly amount...try it you won't be disappointed as they are extremely good.

Which one is that?
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby PonySnob » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Arkpony wrote:There is one paid site that has everything you ever want to know timely about SMU for a small yearly amount...try it you won't be disappointed as they are extremely good.

Which one is that?

It’s been pretty well SCOUTED

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby JasonB » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:00 am

First, Jank plays by the rules 100%. If there is even a doubt of it being against the rules, he goes the other way. It is important for everyone to realize that.

Second, as Hoopmanx said, there have been plenty of discussions about bad results. Even in LBs second year I seem to recall us getting drilled by Colorado, playing horrible defense, and not being able to rebound.

The results in scrimmages don't really matter anyway. The purpose is to get kids playing time, nobody makes subs to win. Play kids equal time, similar to the Canada trip. Nice to hear we won against a good team. Most importantly, we need Jarray to take another step and it looks like he has.

By all accounts, Shake and Foster have been the gym rats that Sterling and Semi were before last season.
JasonB

Postby Terry Webster » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:03 am

Also impressive that we 'won' with Akoy not playing. Sure hope that infection clears up quickly.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:18 am

Terry Webster wrote:Went to the uc red vs black game the other night...that is a really good team. Cronin has got himself a legit elite 8 team this year.

I watched a clip about 20 minutes long of that scrimmage and yes, they looked REALLY GOOD.
Washington and Broome play very well together.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonyTime » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:49 am

Moody Coliseum at 6 pm yesterday - not sure what for - but they had cheerleaders there and all of the Greeks...was this a basketball connected event? Homecoming spirit week thing?

"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Black Horseshoe » Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am

MOB party
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby edwa » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:51 pm

Rock the vote, Homecoming event where yoou have to cheer for your HC candidate, and the candidate gets interviewed.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:47 am

edwa wrote:Rock the vote, Homecoming event where yoou have to cheer for your HC candidate, and the candidate gets interviewed.

too bad they couldn't do it at the football game
Pony ^

Previous

Return to Basketball