PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fire Dement Now!

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Fire Dement Now!

Postby Original Frank » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:41 pm

Sorry guys, but there is just no excuse. Not only was it a 40 point loss, Rice - who we have beaten 8 times in a row - just DOUBLED our score for a whole game. Can anyone find another doubling-up of a NCAA Div 1 contest? There is no "young team" excuse, no "no JUCOs" excuse, no "no fan support" excuse, no "lack of administration support" excuse. There is just no excuse at all. Fire him. Fire him now! What are the worst case ramifications imaginable: Lose to Rice by 40?! Heck, it's already been done! This coach has clearly lost the team for the fifth year in a row, it has lost its supporters, and it has lost me. I have no interest in seeing the same old movie over and over again. There is just no excuse. None at all!

By the way, isn't the earliest collapse of any Dement team? Usually he loses them down the stretch (see all the Sasser/Hancock years). We haven't even gotten through the first round of WAC play and it is truly embarrassing. And this is Rice, not Wake or Purdue. Outrageous! Fire him tonight! There are no potential negative scenarios worse than the cold, hard reality of this very moment!
Original Frank
Junior Varsity

Re: Fire Dement Now!

Postby red&blue » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:50 pm

I agree. It's time for Mike to go. He must be as miserable as the rest of us. This has gone on too long. Just ask his players....
red&blue
Scout Team

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:59 pm

Where is Stallion talking about Juco's?

WE SUCK - I thought we would lose but by 40 pts in the Owl gym? I didn't even watch the game but what a f'in joke. These guys obviously have no desire to win. I knew we would have trouble not scoring this year, but this has turned into a freakin' nightmare.

Like a previous poster said, we usually collapse completely with the last 4-5 games, looks like this year we have collapsed even earlier.

I have said this for a long time - Dement sucks.
Let Brickey or Crawford coach. His time should be over NOW. - we have better talent than to get completely blown out. This is going to be a super long year unfortunately and I have lost all hope. And I thought the football team had problems...haha.

<small>[ 01-20-2004, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Original Frank » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:02 pm

Where is the press release? Why hasn't he been fired yet? It should be done tonight!
Original Frank
Junior Varsity

Postby Diehard Pony » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:05 pm

Sadly, I can't say that differ in my opinion. IMO, it is time to make a change now.
Diehard Pony
All-American

Postby ponybutt » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:06 pm

Go get 'em Frank!!!!!! Dement must go TONIGHT!!!! I've never heard of a double up score involving a Division-One school.

NONE of the players are reaching their potetial. B-Hop ought to be light years ahead of where he is right now....Simpson should be dominating down low...Isham should be an unstoppable thrasher to the basket..not one of these scenerios is occuring. Does the name Sasser ring a bell!!!!

Mike Stoops said after his teams annual defeat of Texas last year..."talent is important, but you only get what you demand from your players".
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony_Fan » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:08 pm

Diehard, thanks for the Purdue tape. I guess I have to watch it over and over to make myself feel better.

Has anyone seen such a collapse? From playing decent hoops in the first couple of games to being a complete a utter joke of a team so quickly. At this rate, we will finish just ahead of San Jose State - yippeee.
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Sam I Am » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:00 pm

What has happened to this team? Are there internal problems not evident to the faithful followers of SMU? I am in shock tonight about what has happened. Somebody help me understand what's wrong. :wacko:
Sam I Am
Sam I Am
Hall of Famer

Return to Basketball