PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Hunt

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Feron Hunt

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:22 pm

The former TCU commit has a new leader in the clubhouse

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution ... redictions

SMU, TCU, Arky, Tulsa, Cougar High, UTA, WKU, & Wich St have all offered
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Feron Hunt

Postby bubba pony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:10 pm

Z
Last edited by bubba pony on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby Hilltop » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 pm

Could we please not act like this is some great pick up or part of our master recruiting plan. Feron would prefer to be a Frog 7 days a week, but unfortunately he was recruited over. It's not some great coincidence that Kaden Archie committed to TCU on October 15th and by the 20th Hunt decommited. TCU took our guy and now we are getting their scraps. If we stay on this path we will not be playing for a spot in the Tournament next year. TCU basketball is beating us on the recruiting trail and the marketing front. I expect great things from this year's team, but if we don't expect more from this coaching staff and the athletic department, we will give away all of the progress that we have made.
Hilltop
Junior Varsity

Postby Black Horseshoe » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Hahahaha
Black Horseshoe
Varsity

Postby hoopmanx » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:10 pm

Hilltop wrote:Could we please not act like this is some great pick up or part of our master recruiting plan. Feron would prefer to be a Frog 7 days a week, but unfortunately he was recruited over. It's not some great coincidence that Kaden Archie committed to TCU on October 15th and by the 20th Hunt decommited. TCU took our guy and now we are getting their scraps. If we stay on this path we will not be playing for a spot in the Tournament next year. TCU basketball is beating us on the recruiting trail and the marketing front. I expect great things from this year's team, but if we don't expect more from this coaching staff and the athletic department, we will give away all of the progress that we have made.

You unequivocally know nothing about this situation, but cobgrats for the diarhea of the mouth award. To say hunt isnt a huge get is dumb. His ceiling is higher than Archies. Look at our roster moving forward, especially if Maxey jumps in. TCU will be a good program but we're going to be just fine.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:19 pm

both our commitments look like skilled high upside guys to me-no telling how big these guys could get-going to have a very athletic team with length if not height. Every once in awhile these 6-7 or 6-8 kids hit a late growth spurt -that would be nice
Last edited by Stallion on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:23 pm

Stallion wrote:both our commitments look like high upside guys to me-no telling how big these guys could get-going to have a very athletic team with length if not height
Wait so Hunt announced?
RGV Pony

Postby Stallion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 pm

No did I say that-just that everybody is predicting SMU
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

Stallion

Postby RGV Pony » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:31 pm

You said "both our commitments" did you not?
RGV Pony

Postby Stallion » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:39 pm

just referring to the 7 unanimous predictions of SMU in last few days

https://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution ... redictions

Stallion

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:40 pm

[quote=“Hilltop”]Could we please not act like this is some great pick up or part of our master recruiting plan. Feron would prefer to be a Frog 7 days a week, but unfortunately he was recruited over. It's not some great coincidence that Kaden Archie committed to TCU on October 15th and by the 20th Hunt decommited. TCU took our guy and now we are getting their scraps. If we stay on this path we will not be playing for a spot in the Tournament next year. TCU basketball is beating us on the recruiting trail and the marketing front. I expect great things from this year's team, but if we don't expect more from this coaching staff and the athletic department, we will give away all of the progress that we have made.[/quote]
wow! Everything in this post about Feron Hunt is incorrect.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby Hilltop » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Fair enough. I think I worked hard to earn this criticism. I feel like it's never fair to remove a comment once you have posted it, so I will let it stand, but I will apologize for my earlier comments. Definitely not fair to Feron Hunt or his motives which I clearly do not know about. As my mom used to say, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I think I have reached that point and probably time to hang it up on this board.
Hilltop
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:02 am

Just remember SMU found Ben Moore when recruiting AAU superstar teammate Cliff Alexander

Stallion

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 am

TCU went out and got a name coach and updated their (ugly) arena. Sound familia? Their basketball is on the rise and they are in a more established conference. They are going to be pretty good for awhile.

They are our historical rival and we’ll be fighting them not only on the floor but for recruits, press, rankings, etc. We’re gonna win some and lose some. A strong TCU, like a strong AAC, benefits us in the big picture.

Think Cincy/Xavier or UCONN/Syracuse. Eventually you hope our yearly meeting is of annual national significance.

So lets kick some frog [deleted]. OK?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby JasonB » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:48 am

Jank was very comfortable with the decision that Archie made.

Our recruiting has been significantly impacted by the contact restrictions placed on the program by the sanctions. That had more of an impact than the reduction of scholarships. That is why we took the two Aussies even though they didn't really fit the program.

Judge Jank and his talent evaluation based on how the recruits and transfers do this season. They have some growing up to do, but currently, the staff thinks that they hit on all four. If all four of them show flashes this year, like Jarrey or Ben did in his their year, it should reestablish our confidence of the staff to pull in good players.
JasonB

Next

Return to Basketball