PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Looking forward to adding McMurray and Agau

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Looking forward to adding McMurray and Agau

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:01 pm

JasonB wrote:Not from other fans.

Foster is a very good spot shooter from three. 44% last year. Last year his touches came from the corner more, and he seems to be handling up high more this season, where Semi got it. That seems to be where our stretch 4 floats, while the 3 slides to the corner. Will be interesting to see if he is as accurate from up top, but I would say he has shown a pretty consistent shot from the outside.

Oh okay, you seem to want everyone to think you are an in the know type guy when about half the things you say are off. Guess you got it from PP or somebody but he is not always in the know. Foster is very good but he is not Semi. Also. I have seem McMurray play on more than one occasion and he is not a ball dominate player. Now USF did not have a lot of ball handlers when he played but McMuurray was not ball dominate. No more than Nic was. That’s an unfair and untrue statement to put on him especially since he has not touched the floor for SMU.
#HammerDown
Rebel10
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:44 pm

That's a little unfair. Don't think Jason B was even remotely close to claiming Foster is Semi.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:59 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:That's a little unfair. Don't think Jason B was even remotely close to claiming Foster is Semi.

He was implying shooting percentages when Semi took more threes and was a focal point of the offense. They are just different players, nothing wrong with that. I like Foster’s interior game. What unfair is to accuse a player of being a ball dominate player before he ever sets foot on the court. Let’s not label McMurray one way or the other until he hits the floor. Whenever that is.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Rebel10 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Foster is doing very well in the mid range right now against ULM. I think Douglas has a nice looking outside shot for a freshman.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Puckhead48E » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Yay... PonyFans is going [deleted] on insinuations again!

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Puckhead48E
Heisman

Postby Grant Carter » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
PonyFan32 wrote:That's a little unfair. Don't think Jason B was even remotely close to claiming Foster is Semi.

He was implying shooting percentages when Semi took more threes and was a focal point of the offense. They are just different players, nothing wrong with that. I like Foster’s interior game. What unfair is to accuse a player of being a ball dominate player before he ever sets foot on the court. Let’s not label McMurray one way or the other until he hits the floor. Whenever that is.

He said Foster was receiving the ball where semi used to, that does not imply anything more or less than that.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby JasonB » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Rebel10 wrote:
JasonB wrote:Not from other fans.

Foster is a very good spot shooter from three. 44% last year. Last year his touches came from the corner more, and he seems to be handling up high more this season, where Semi got it. That seems to be where our stretch 4 floats, while the 3 slides to the corner. Will be interesting to see if he is as accurate from up top, but I would say he has shown a pretty consistent shot from the outside.

Oh okay, you seem to want everyone to think you are an in the know type guy when about half the things you say are off. Guess you got it from PP or somebody but he is not always in the know. Foster is very good but he is not Semi. Also. I have seem McMurray play on more than one occasion and he is not a ball dominate player. Now USF did not have a lot of ball handlers when he played but McMuurray was not ball dominate. No more than Nic was. That’s an unfair and untrue statement to put on him especially since he has not touched the floor for SMU.

:roll: Look, I realize you like to pick fights. I never said Foster was Semi, go back and reread. I also realize that you very closely follow USF because you predicted the Taggart rise and monitored their success in recruiting. Let's just say I had an observation, expressed that observation, and received verification of that observation. You have every right to disagree my opinions, but the attempts to discredit others just because you aren't able to attend certain events because of your location gets old.
JasonB

Postby SMU91 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 am

I believe someone asked Jank at the Mustang Film session about McMurray redshirting and he said no. He has made it pretty clear he needs as many experienced players as possible this year.
I guess he could change his mind but I don't think so.
SMU91
Junior Varsity

Postby PonyFan32 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 am

I'm disappointed that someone asked Jank directly about it. What will we argue about on this board for the next month?

/Sarcasm

Thanks for providing an answer that isn't just wild speculation!
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:33 am

Does anyone know when Akoy will be playing?
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am

Terry Webster wrote:Does anyone know when Akoy will be playing?

Ditto. He's the most interesting unknown for the season.
SmooBoy

Postby Pony_Law » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Terry Webster wrote:Does anyone know when Akoy will be playing?

In the Press conference after UMBC, Jank said he was cautiously optimistic Akoy was on the other side of the issue and that it might be soon. My guess is he doesn't play until at least a full week of practice. So I bet we don't see him until after Thanksgiving.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:17 pm

We are not going to red shirt mcMurray. Its not in serious discussion. We will have some bumps - particularly when we go to the Bahamas - but when the reinforcements show up this team has some interesting potential. Redshirting Mac would be like saying we don't think this team can go anywhere - and you don't do that to Foster, Gu and Shake after they helped build the program.

We will put all the best players we got out there as soon as we can, particularly the ones that can fill it up. He'll fit in fine.
gostangs

Postby JasonB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

SMU91 wrote:I believe someone asked Jank at the Mustang Film session about McMurray redshirting and he said no. He has made it pretty clear he needs as many experienced players as possible this year.
I guess he could change his mind but I don't think so.

When was that? The session I was at was a week before the season started...
JasonB

Postby hoopmanx » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:20 pm

Theyve been talking of redshirting macBlunts since he said he was coming. This isnt anything new and had semi returned, he would have sat. As is, we need firepower and hes our 2nd best scorer. He has a chance to be great for us.
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball