PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Maxey tracker

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:15 pm

mrydel wrote:He could pull a Dickerson/A&M move and accept a bunch of cash then come on to SMU.

Classic move. Think GM could go to the morgue and pull out plans for a Pontiac Trans Am?
48-95
User avatar
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6753
Joined: Sun Jul 28, 2002 3:01 am
Location: University Park

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby sacklunch » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:24 am

We already missed on Chris Harris Jr who committed to Texas AM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sacklunch
Varsity
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby PonyLaw90 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:49 am

I'm not sure SMU "missed" on Harris as much as Harris saw the writing on the wall that MAxey would be coming to SMU. I'm sure he was pitched the idea that he would be the missing piece and be the MAN. No way he would be the MAN at SMU with MAxey and his dad there. At least that's how I would have sold it. That, and a Trans Am.
PonyLaw90
Varsity
 
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby RI Stang » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:03 am

sacklunch wrote:We already missed on Chris Harris Jr who committed to Texas AM


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


This is 100% incorrect, but once again don't let facts get in the way of the sky is falling narrative...
RI Stang
All-American
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby redpony » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:33 pm

RI Stang wrote:This is 100% incorrect, but once again don't let facts get in the way of the sky is falling narrative...


Really?? according to 24-7 sports Harris is a 'hard commit' to A&M. Perhaps you are the one who should get his facts straight.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:44 am
Location: on the beach,northern Peru

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby The Falcon » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Maybe RI was saying that maybe we didn't miss out on him. That we are after Maxey and
not Harris. That being said, I was very impressed with Harris, but how many guards do we
need to recruit?
The Falcon
All-American
 
Posts: 672
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2004 4:03 pm
Location: Plano, Texas

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby hoopmanx » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:54 pm

You cant get beat for a kid you didnt really care about
User avatar
hoopmanx
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4871
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 am

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby RI Stang » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:04 am

redpony wrote:
RI Stang wrote:This is 100% incorrect, but once again don't let facts get in the way of the sky is falling narrative...


Really?? according to 24-7 sports Harris is a 'hard commit' to A&M. Perhaps you are the one who should get his facts straight.


You are missing the point - we got "beat" for Harris just as much as we got "beat" for the kid that just committed to UT Tyler. By this logic we get beat for thousands of kids every year...
RI Stang
All-American
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby sacklunch » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:26 am

Good sign here. Can’t imagine Maxey wanting to be the third guard in this Kentucky class

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... -kentucky/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sacklunch
Varsity
 
Posts: 335
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:39 am

sacklunch wrote:Good sign here. Can’t imagine Maxey wanting to be the third guard in this Kentucky class

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... -kentucky/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he doesn't reclassify to '18. Good sign
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby RI Stang » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:38 am

Agreed - great news. Staff needs to be all over him to commit now so that he can start recruiting other 2019 talent to join him.
RI Stang
All-American
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 4:01 am

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby PonyLawExpress » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 am

Pony ^ wrote:
sacklunch wrote:Good sign here. Can’t imagine Maxey wanting to be the third guard in this Kentucky class

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... -kentucky/


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully he doesn't reclassify to '18. Good sign


If he reclassifies to 2018 Coach Cal will just try to sell that Maxey is the only 2019 guard. However, it will be tough to sell that both Hagans and Quickley will both go pro..
PonyLawExpress
Heisman
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby Pony ^ » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:39 pm

Welp, just a matter of time until doom.

https://www.seccountry.com/kentucky/ken ... maxey-next
Pony ^
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5727
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby Arkpony » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:06 pm

The ultimate back breaker. If we can't even sign a coaches son.....
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: Maxey tracker

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pm

For a “director of recruiting” to not be able to land his son and who caused us to lose out on a high level recruit to TCU, would be devistating. If I was negotiating that contract I would have had a claw back provision for his salary.
Last edited by Pony_Law on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 4 guests