PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coleman Crawford

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coleman Crawford

Postby BigEasyPony » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:01 am

Copeland needs to let Dement go and have Coleman Crawford serve as interim coach for the rest of the season. See what he can do with the roster (it can't be worse). I mentioned on another thread we should look seriously at Matt Doherty or Larry Eustachy. Both excellent coaches with something to prove and that's what we need. This program is a mess.

Copeland has to be a leader on this one and do something now.
BigEasyPony
Junior Varsity

Re: Coleman Crawford

Postby k pony » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:52 am

I could not agree more. It is time to move on
k pony
Recruit

Postby EastStang » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:34 am

Larry Eustachy, you've got to be kidding!! Fraternity row is right next to Moody. And do remember the sows he was chasing around in Missouri? Our co-eds would be like waiving a steak in front of a hungry dog. His wife (if they're still married) would never let him come here. He needs to go to some school like Oral Roberts, Liberty, or some other school with a tightly wound administration that will help protect him from himself.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BigEasyPony » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:39 am

I'm not kidding. He's a good coach with something to prove and the last time I checked our administration was pretty tightly wound.

I know this would be risky, but frankly our basketball program needs something.
BigEasyPony
Junior Varsity

Postby Stallion » Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:52 am

yeah let's hire our past assistants Crawford and Tubbs to solve the problems that have been going around here while they too were coaching here. That's the Ticket-just get a coach who can discipline and motivate the boys like Tubbs and Coleman.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BigEasyPony » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:15 pm

Stallion, I don't understand your post. I am not advocating to permanently hire Crawford. Crawford would serve as interim coach until the end of the year. SMU needs to get serious and start looking for a new HC now and you can do that more easily if you have an interim HC. My guess would be that any of the assistants could get more out of this group of players than Dement is capable of getting at this point.
BigEasyPony
Junior Varsity

Return to Basketball