PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Reseating in 2018

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Reseating in 2018

Postby ponydawg » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:10 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
ponydawg wrote:Yes, but if you get more points for donations than for showing up to the games then the problem we are complaing about won't change...but when has the school ever messed this up before, should be fine.

edit: potty word

I don't know what that ratio is .
I just can't imagine a high roller wanting to sit in my section 202. That's where they send poor people that can't afford floor seats. I know one seat that will never go up lol
That's actually one of the reasons for the re-seat. There are some five/six figure donors sitting in blue seats because that's what was available

So some blues move down to the reds, the fake reds have to move up to the lower upper blues.....and then I cry because even though I've been in my seats for 15 years for pretty much every game, I then get the boot to a worse seat. Tough pill to swallow....but hopefully atmosphere will be just as good after the richies are all down lower.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:11 pm

RGV Pony wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:
ponydawg wrote:Yes, but if you get more points for donations than for showing up to the games then the problem we are complaing about won't change...but when has the school ever messed this up before, should be fine.

edit: potty word

I don't know what that ratio is .
I just can't imagine a high roller wanting to sit in my section 202. That's where they send poor people that can't afford floor seats. I know one seat that will never go up lol
That's actually one of the reasons for the re-seat. There are some five/six figure donors sitting in blue seats because that's what was available

Yeah well something tells me they weren't donating big all along when it was just two hundred of us sitting in empty Moody. I'm all for people getting better seats that give more money. AND HAVE MORE POINTS.

And a lot of those people fell asleep at the wheel until all of a sudden it became a hit. But I see it morphing into smaller crowds - especially like the game Sunday or if it's not a big time game - you know what I'm talking about...
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Reseating in 2018

Postby PonySnob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm

SMU91 wrote:
PonyLawExpress wrote:It is frustrating, but real tough to get some of the major donors into the red seats every week.

A reseating isn’t likely to help that very much. I have no problem with a reseat as long as I get the option to keep my seats again even if the price goes up.

The reseating in complete starter over of the seating chart. You will pick your seats basedon your Mustang Club Priority Points. So if no one in front of you has picked yours seats and they are available and you can full fill the donation requirement for those seats they are yours again.
This is a true reseating not just an increase in donation levels. The final plan should be announced in the next 2 weeks. I believe they will have good website and explanation should make it very clear. They have spent a to of time researching comparable schools and their reseating systems. Saying that as always some people will not be happy.

Wonder how many of those "comparable" schools have won an NCAA tournament game in the last 30 years or have had more than 5 years of basketball relevance in the last 30 years? It'll be interesting to see if we get to see where our 2018-19 seats will be prior to giving to the Mustang Club as some might want to redirect their funds if their tickets are significantly worse.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby RGV Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Since you know the answer to that I won't answer.. But if interested in one school that was considered a peer, you could look at Xavier.
RGV Pony

Postby BUS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:50 pm

Nice to see all the talk. Oh boy Re-seat..... Heard that before and then got upgraded to seats three rows from ceiling almost behind the ceiling beam. REALLY.

Oh we cant seat you to your points as we would make others mad. Why did you tell everyone to get seats before the re-seat and then not re-seat.

I have good tickets to USC and then Memphis on Valentines day. I spend over 3K for M-club, tickets, parking Oh, then food and beverages. They want the 10K check. period.

Guys and Dolls - It is ALL about money.
Sell to law firm that uses once - Great - get the money.
Sell it to person that cant drive anymore - Great - get the money.

Points is money.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:54 pm

So what's your point?
One Trick Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm

.[/quote]
It'll be interesting to see if we get to see where our 2018-19 seats will be prior to giving to the Mustang Club as some might want to redirect their funds if their tickets are significantly worse.[/quote]

They tried that with me when I bought the floor seats. I wasn't a fool.

I've actually seen the way they work the website with seats - you have a window of time that you have to choose what's available for you in your criteria and they'll show you which seats you can pick it's actually pretty cool.

But I'll be out because I'm not going to give the money and then sit somewhere else. I'll buy them on StubHub.
One Trick Pony

Postby PonySnob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:18 pm

RGV Pony wrote:Since you know the answer to that I won't answer.. But if interested in one school that was considered a peer, you could look at Xavier.

I believe Marquette was another one that was used. They do a "reseating" every year in looking at their website.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Well wait till those six figure mustang club members sit in the red seats that are too low to the ground. They'll be wishing they were back up in the blue seats. Lol
One Trick Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 pm

We all know they will throw long-term fans aside for a few hundred more dollars. That's the way the world works now so whatever.

I will be curious how it gets managed though. Knowing SMU it will be a total cluster***.

If they set it up like it looked like it was going to be last time before they gave existing ticket holders the right of first refusal - where they make you play chicken by making your donation before knowing if you can actually get seats at that level - then count me out.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 pm

As long as they keep the MOB area available for rowdy, loud fans it should be ok.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby BUS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 pm

If they set it up like it looked like it was going to be last time before they gave existing ticket holders the right of first refusal - where they make you play chicken by making your donation before knowing if you can actually get seats at that level - then count me out.[/quote]

That is why I have sat out. My wife and I would go to every game with decent seats. Not super great, have to be Miller Club Seats, But at least seats that I don't feel like I just got my cardio in today - seats.

The way they got your money before and then changed - I'm out also. Who really wants a full house.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:41 pm

I mentioned this in passing to my wife - I can't repeat her retort it was ugly.
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU Section F » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 am

I'm not excited about reseating, but I understand it. That said, if they expect me to "pony up" before telling me where my seats will be, I'm unquestionably out.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am

Yeah so pass that along
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball