PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jank

Postby ponyboy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:47 pm

Having watched many of his pressers, I can't remember a coach who was so transparent and just plain likable. And his success in the W-L column speaks for itself. Very thankful he's our coach.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jank

Postby SmooBoy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:48 pm

We are absolutely fortunate to have him. He's cool as a cucumber on and off the court.
SmooBoy

Postby PhantomPhi » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:43 pm

2nd half adjustments spot on.
PhantomPhi
Junior Varsity

Postby The Falcon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:55 pm

ponyboy wrote:Having watched many of his pressers, I can't remember a coach who was so transparent and just plain likable. And his success in the W-L column speaks for itself. Very thankful he's our coach.

Couldn't agree more. His honesty is apparent and he let's the fans share in his emotions
and his humor. He is a great communicator and answers questions directly and with some
detail. His sincere feelings for his players is great to see and he acknowledges the fans
and the effects of Moody Madness. He continues to recruit well and I think he makes strategic
adjustments as the game progresses and during half. What is not to like?
The Falcon
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Yep. I just hope we all realize what we have. I get tired of the "same old SMU" posts, said in sarcasm as if all our alma mater does is screw up anything it touches. This is the golden years -- now.
ponyboy

Postby GoMustAAngs2007 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Agree with all of this, just would like to win ONE NCAA tournament game in the next couple of years to get that off our backs.

Jank and this staff will prove themselves with this current group - we have four promising freshmen who were all recruited by him and his staff to go with a talented veteran core.

Either way, LB and Jank quite literally saved SMU athletics. Multiple generations of SMU fans who had previously never seen their school win anything important are now engaged and passionate about this program. They proved that both SMU alumni and non-affiliated fans will show up for a team that consistently wins big games and is nationally relevant. Two conference championships in 3 years, multiple wins over blue blood/perennial top ranked programs, and four straight years in the top 25 all while navigating the NCAA hammer.

I hope some less engaged fans will stick with this year's team as they continue to grow.
GoMustAAngs2007
Junior Varsity

Postby ojaipony » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Well said. Just need to keep the momentum going. It's going to take a sweet 16 run to get the national pub but I'm very confident we can get there.
ojaipony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:15 pm

Who could have imagined what a great coach and class act we were getting when he signed as LB’s right Hand and coach in waiting. I’m guessing that, if things fall right, he brings Nic in as an assistant when Nic gets tired of vino and pasta.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:27 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Who could have imagined what a great coach and class act we were getting when he signed as LB’s right Hand and coach in waiting. I’m guessing that, if things fall right, he brings Nic in as an assistant when Nic gets tired of vino and pasta.

A friend brang Yank over to the Twisted Root for lunch the first day he was on campus - of course we were drinking and he said he couldn't he had too much work to do. That was day 1
One Trick Pony

Return to Basketball