PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Mob System must be blown up

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The Mob System must be blown up

Postby skyscraper » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:54 pm

edwa wrote:all you had to do was give$79 to get a mob ticket this year because they stopped using the point system as it got close to the season opener. After that its first come first serve to every game to get into 112 for the mob, regular students are let in 20 minutes before tip to fill 100 + 108 behinf the baskets.

Thank you for posting what's actually happening.
You can tell no one is being locked out because the packs of bros have returned the past few games. On Wednesday there was one pack along the east baseline and another one on the far right section of the sideline bleachers.
PF.com loves to complain, but there's nothing to complain about for student attendance so far.
skyscraper
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ObeyMyDog » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:32 pm

edwa wrote:all you had to do was give$79 to get a mob ticket this year because they stopped using the point system as it got close to the season opener. After that its first come first serve to every game to get into 112 for the mob, regular students are let in 20 minutes before tip to fill 100 + 108 behinf the baskets.

Ok this what I was told and then I heard otherwise, and that point system info is still up on the Mob tickets so I assumed it was still under the point system. If that's the case then fine. It's still absurd they essentially charge money for the best seats but I can at least understand the giving stats they're trying to inflate by doing that. I'm kind of shocked by lack of attendance then tbh outside of the opener.
Usually, the team that scores the most points wins the game - John Madden
ObeyMyDog
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:53 pm

The Bro packs were in full force last game and was great to see - they are usually the loudest. Wish we could get the nasty's back next to the visitor bench -that is the key. Loved a couple of years ago there were about ten guys that were determined to make the visiting coaches bench miserable, and it was worth the price of admission, particularly watching Ricky and that elf boy from Cincinnati deal with them.

Student attendance not an issue this year. There is this new thing called a phone - you could use it to call a person in the ticket office to get the real skinny instead of looking at an out of date website and then complaining about non applicable rules to another website.

I worry about these youngsters sometimes.
gostangs

Postby Stallion » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 pm

Oh and if you've never heard of the opponent before-please do not boo them when they enter the Court-sounds ridiculous. Wait until there is an actual reason to boo. Boo-ing them actually is giving them respect-like they might actually be a threat to win. Its like acknowledging the existence of NTSU by arguing with their fans in a thread-Don't
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby DiamondM » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:07 pm

As evidenced by the lack of lines of disappointed students who wanted to get in but couldn't, if there is a problem with student attendance, it's not because of the point system or anything SMU is doing or not. If there's a reason the "cool kids" are not at Moody, it's because frats and sororities (and maybe some other organizations?) lack the ability to look at the schedule released months ago and not schedule conflicting parties/happy hours/mixers and get their butts to the game.

Quit complaining, walk a few hundred yards (at most), get in line, and find a seat.

Also agree with Stallion on boo-ing. Booing the opponent just because they are the opposite team is amateur hour.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:13 pm

And please, and I mean please, if we play another team like NW State, don’t be too [deleted] the coach. Bless his heart he has enough problems already. But other then that, give ‘em hell.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 pm

mrydel wrote:And please, and I mean please, if we play another team like NW State, don’t be too [deleted] the coach. Bless his heart he has enough problems already. But other then that, give ‘em hell.

Yeah it is almost unsportspersonlike to be [deleted] a coach in that situation.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Basketball