PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: BATTLE FOR ATLANTIS GAME THREADS

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: BATTLE FOR ATLANTIS GAME THREADS

Postby Terry Webster » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:02 pm

Gotta admit that was one group of teams when the #2 team in the country coming in ends up 0-3 and in 8th place.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:48 pm

SMU drops to #42 in sagarin rankings. We will have #23 USC and #29 TCU that we can hopefully bounce back on!
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyFan32 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:50 pm

It's not reasonable to call Akoy a disappoinment based on less than 15 minutes of playing time after a long layoff. As much as I love Chargois and Ray, there's no way I want us to be relying on them alone as our big men all year.

And secondly I can't imagine it will be only whitt whose minutes suffer when McMurray starts playing. That would be stupid. Whitt has handles, can drive it better than almost everyone on the team, and plays serious defense and rebounds. He fills up the box score. No way you sit him for long. I think McMurray helps keep the minutes of all guards in check so shake and Jarrey and whitt and Gu don't have to play 40 every night. More than enough minutes to go around to McMurray once the rotation shrinks in mid December.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:42 am

TCU rated 13 spots ahead of us is a bit absurd but early season stuff like that means nothing.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:44 am

So when will McMurray's first game be?
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Stallion » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:50 am

circa December 18 which I believe is Boise St at Moody
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:05 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:It's not reasonable to call Akoy a disappoinment based on less than 15 minutes of playing time after a long layoff. As much as I love Chargois and Ray, there's no way I want us to be relying on them alone as our big men all year.

And secondly I can't imagine it will be only whitt whose minutes suffer when McMurray starts playing. That would be stupid. Whitt has handles, can drive it better than almost everyone on the team, and plays serious defense and rebounds. He fills up the box score. No way you sit him for long. I think McMurray helps keep the minutes of all guards in check so shake and Jarrey and whitt and Gu don't have to play 40 every night. More than enough minutes to go around to McMurray once the rotation shrinks in mid December.

I agree pretty much on both. Let’s hope Agau comes along. He was advertised as a guy who can run the floor.... not Froling 2.0.

And I can easily see 7-10 min each from Shake and Gu going to McMurray. Grab a few more from Whitt and whoever else gets two early fouls. Landrum and Douglas may see more pine and that’s unfortunate... but necessary v
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball