PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

What is ESPN APP

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: What is ESPN APP

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:45 pm

I'll watch that on the TV
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:15 am

For the future, if you have a smart tv you can get the WatchESPN app if you have a tv provider. It looks great with a decent internet connection. Watched on my tv no problem.
smusic 00

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 pm

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:52 pm

Got 36 inch monitor for computer.
Nice vga picture but still skips.

Really need geek help.

Do you need a new roof,remodel bathroom, flooring.

Ill help if you help.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mtrout » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:25 pm

I am a geek. I was getting skipping for the WKU game so I plugged in to a solid 100Mbps connection with low latency and it still skips. Even the replay on ESPN3 skips. I know nothing anymore. So add me to the need help list.

Happened today to me on cable connected PS4, Roku 3, and an i7 PC with a $500 video card.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyFan32 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:35 pm

mtrout wrote:I am a geek. I was getting skipping for the WKU game so I plugged in to a solid 100Mbps connection with low latency and it still skips. Even the replay on ESPN3 skips. I know nothing anymore. So add me to the need help list.

Happened today to me on cable connected PS4, Roku 3, and an i7 PC with a $500 video card.

That is puzzling. I was on a PC not nearly as good as that with a hardwired connection that I'm pretty sure isn't 100 Mbps and had almost no issues at all.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:48 pm

Try rebooting your router first ( unplug ) - then reboot ( unplug ) your application Roku fire stick fire TV xbox etc. If you're viewing via a desktop computer try clearing your cache in advanced settings for your browser.

If any of these methods do not work take all of your equipment in the backyard pour gasoline on it and light it on fire
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:53 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:
mtrout wrote:I am a geek. I was getting skipping for the WKU game so I plugged in to a solid 100Mbps connection with low latency and it still skips. Even the replay on ESPN3 skips. I know nothing anymore. So add me to the need help list.

That is puzzling. I was on a PC not nearly as good as that with a hardwired connection that I'm pretty sure isn't 100 Mbps and had almost no issues at all.

Extremely puzzling. I’m on Roku premiere +. However, I have 200Mbps, but you think 100 would be enough. However, mine is smooth as tv. Hopefully you can figure it out because that would be extremely frustrating.

Edit: of course I kinda wish mine cut off the last 2 minutes of the WKU game lol.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:04 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Try rebooting your router first ( unplug ) - then reboot ( unplug ) your application Roku fire stick fire TV xbox etc. If you're viewing via a desktop computer try clearing your cache in advanced settings for your browser.

If any of these methods do not work take all of your equipment in the backyard pour gasoline on it and light it on fire

My beloved mentor,OTP, gave me these instructions when my Roku was constantly freezing and reloading. I followed his wise advise and had a perfect, uninterrupted viewing of the last game.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Minus lighting it on fire haha.

People think you have to have a hundred megabyte down to stream smoothly you don't if it's not congested you could easily do it with 3 to 8. Netflix recommends 10. But there are so many variables your equipment your internet connection the transmission from the source. I prefer YouTube live it's a great app and you can share up to 6 accounts with DVR and unlimited cloud. That's about it.
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:45 pm

The YouTube does sound good. Too bad I can’t support Google for personal reasons but for anyone else that’s pretty darn good. I thought I got a bargain DirectvNow for $35/month for life with 2 accounts and 100 channels (all sports (ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC). biggest downside was no DVR.

Plenty of options fellas (PSVue/DTVNow/YouTube/Sling). Just need a decent internet and a good router if you want to stream 4k HDR (Amazon).
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:The YouTube does sound good. Too bad I can’t support Google for personal reasons but for anyone else that’s pretty darn good. I thought I got a bargain DirectvNow for $35/month for life with 2 accounts and 100 channels (all sports (ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC). biggest downside was no DVR.

Plenty of options fellas (PSVue/DTVNow/YouTube/Sling). Just need a decent internet and a good router if you want to stream 4k HDR (Amazon).

CBS sports too? That's pretty much a must in the AAC
One Trick Pony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:09 am

One Trick Pony wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:The YouTube does sound good. Too bad I can’t support Google for personal reasons but for anyone else that’s pretty darn good. I thought I got a bargain DirectvNow for $35/month for life with 2 accounts and 100 channels (all sports (ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC). biggest downside was no DVR.

CBS sports too? That's pretty much a must in the AAC

Yep! Very happy as my past provider couldn’t even offer it. DTVNow just needs DVR and add-on accounts and it’s will be perfect.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball