PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jank love

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Jank love

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:24 pm

SMU-LSU Fan wrote:Really good execution using small ball to pull UA big guys out. So glad he is SMU coach. We spent some time before a football game with him and he seems to love the area and the school. I told him "I hope you don't leave for a big program" and he said no reason to leave, this place has everything!!

We are becoming a big hoops program. Thanks for sharing though. Love hearing that.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby BUS » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:56 pm

Coach Tree - Club sport coach, came to a game with me last year. He said that same thing. SMU has everything it takes to be at the top.
Nice guy that coaches it right... not for personal money... He has mega job in software. For the growth and training of young men.

Go SMU.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:48 pm

Stallion wrote:I kept wondering why Arizona didn't go over our Defense with Lob City. They had about a 4-5 inch height advantage. Great pressure on the entry pass

Those are difficult passes when there is a defender on the passer and the front man has good position and an eye on the passers. Also we had a guy in the week side shade a bit closer all night to quickly double, Credit to jarrey especially but all of our guys. 5guys playing defense together are tough to deal with no matter the size difference.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Wild Mustang » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:08 pm

So happy to see this thread! Coach Jank deserves so much credit for the continued success of the SMU Program. Coach Jank deserves a lifetime contract at SMU. He is the one constant from last year to this year. An excellent coach can make the difference. See Coach Jank.

What Coach Jank has done as head coach is beyond impressive. Last year playing with 6 1/2 players. This year playing with an undersized, young team.

I would venture to say that our program is in even better hands under Coach Jank than LB. Thank you LB for lining up Coach Jank with his head coaching opportunity at SMU. What LB started at SMU was and is incredible. What Coach Jank has done at SMU in his short time as head coach is flat out impressive. Thank you Coach Jank! We believe!

Coach Jank is an experienced coach, respected coach, a positive influence, honest, likable man who can flat out coach. Thank you Coach Jank!
Wild Mustang
Junior Varsity

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:18 pm

not sure LB was responsible for bringing in Jank, but I agree we are very fortunate to have him.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball