PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Mustang Band Guest Conductor Experience

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Mustang Band Guest Conductor Experience

Postby DiamondM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:24 pm

After a successful pilot program for the Mustang Band Guest Conductor Experience in Moody last year, we're expanding the number of opportunities, including the USC game this Saturday, Cinci, and Wichita State games (and, if you are a fan of the Alumni Band, there are even a couple of opportunities during the break when students are away to "direct" yours truly and the other oldster volunteers). No experience is required -- this is really just a fun opportunity to experience Moody from the band's perspective.

For a $1000 donation to the Diamond M Club (the Mustang Club for the Mustang Band), you get:
-Four court-side seats near the band
-Opportunity to select which song band plays during one of the timeout breaks
-Photograph to commemorate the event
-Mustang Band T-Shirt
-Recognition on Jumbotron during one of the timeout breaks

For more info or to register for the game of your choice, go here: http://www.diamondm.club/guestconductor
DiamondM
Heisman

Re: Mustang Band Guest Conductor Experience

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:18 pm

Didn't W participate in this last season?
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DiamondM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Not officially. He came over during pre-game for a few games and got some pictures. But he already has pretty good seats.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby BUS » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:52 pm

For that amount I want to direct the band. ALL GAME - 1,2,3,4 Sit down. Air Ball, Air Ball.
Hail to the red and the blue.

And - Dance.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby DiamondM » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 pm

BUS wrote:For that amount I want to direct the band. ALL GAME - 1,2,3,4 Sit down. Air Ball, Air Ball.

And - Dance.

Come on, you get 4 floor seats to a game of your choice. And, if you do it during the winter break, I'll make special arrangements for you to direct the alumni band as much as you want. And, of course, you can dance any time, including when your face is on the jumbotron.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:33 pm

I really would like to implement something similar schools like “Texas.. fight”. I think we could do “Pony...up!” One can dream we can get our tea sipping fans to do cheers...
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:52 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:I really would like to implement something similar schools like “Texas.. fight”. I think we could do “Pony...up!” One can dream we can get our tea sipping fans to do cheers...

I always thought Texas Fight was weak. I know it is fight song lingo but "Hook'em" - "Horns" would be a little more "catchy". Texas needs to fight to stop the defections from their bowl game. :lol:
Bergermeister

Postby smuaustin1971 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:48 pm

My son did this last year thanks to some wonderful friends and it was a lot of fun.
smuaustin1971
Scout Team

Postby mustang92 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:40 pm

BUS wrote:For that amount I want to direct the band. ALL GAME - 1,2,3,4 Sit down. Air Ball, Air Ball.

And - Dance.

There's no specific formula or set of rules for this. It's mostly a gimmick to get good seats for a game (and raise money for the Band of course). You can stand in front of the band and wave your arms and dance the whole game. You can lead cheers. You can try to start a "Pony Up" yell. As long as you don't do something distasteful or worthy of a technical foul, you have pretty much free reign.
mustang92
Scout Team

Return to Basketball