PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

White Out for USC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: White Out for USC

Postby ponyboy » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:38 pm

I completely forgot about this game. This is going to be very special
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PonySnob » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:00 am

LA_Mustang wrote:I believe that Louisville game was when we got the ‘Moody Magic’ shirt. Still the greatest shirt giveaway ever.

David Miller bought the shirts for the Louisville game that year so that the whole arena would get them.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby PonyTime » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:14 am

I like the party atmosphere that they are planning for the area outside of Moody at 7:30 PM to get people there early.

Sounds like they will have tailgate-like setups with TVs and such, along with live music, food, etc.

If they had adult beverages there, it would be excellent, but my guess is that my group will have to go to Barley or Ozona for that...
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:23 am

PonyTime wrote:I like the party atmosphere that they are planning for the area outside of Moody at 7:30 PM to get people there early.

Sounds like they will have tailgate-like setups with TVs and such, along with live music, food, etc.

If they had adult beverages there, it would be excellent, but my guess is that my group will have to go to Barley or Ozona for that...

Does sound like they will have a ton of things to do out there before the game but I had the same question...is there booze?
Pony ^

Postby mustang1992 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:09 pm

Pony ^ wrote:One of the greatest atmospheres of all time. George W Bush, Laura Bush, Jenna Bush, Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, Aikman, Romo, Witten, Garrett, Deion Sanders, Demarco Murray all there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAMIWHC0Kog

Unfortunately I am not expecting anything near this, those first few years in Moody had a different feel from the past few. I don't think that is a product of how kids become MOB members, I think it's more a reflection on the students that come to the games.

I think the kids have been poor, to ok, to good, but I don't think I would describe the past few years as great. Even Shake had to tell the students to get up and rally in the first game, which did have a good turn out as far as numbers goes. LB always commented on how the student/crowd often picked up the team, not the other way around.

I think the biggest difference has been leadership. The first few years Lobster Guy was a definite leader, he was leading them, they have missed that the past few years. The student that inherited the Lobster outfit was a disgrace, he seemed more interested in showing up late and making sure he had his beer in hand.

I am also not expecting the crowd to do a very good job with the white out, my wife included, I will be there with my Ben Moore #34 fresh white jersey on though!

Going to be a HUGE game, I think we could give the guys an advantage, they are going to need it against this team.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Duke Blue Blood » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:35 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
Pony ^ wrote:One of the greatest atmospheres of all time. George W Bush, Laura Bush, Jenna Bush, Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, Aikman, Romo, Witten, Garrett, Deion Sanders, Demarco Murray all there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAMIWHC0Kog

Unfortunately I am not expecting anything near this, those first few years in Moody had a different feel from the past few. I don't think that is a product of how kids become MOB members, I think it's more a reflection on the students that come to the games.

I think the kids have been poor, to ok, to good, but I don't think I would describe the past few years as great. Even Shake had to tell the students to get up and rally in the first game, which did have a good turn out as far as numbers goes. LB always commented on how the student/crowd often picked up the team, not the other way around.

Cincy that same year was the loudest Moody has ever been.

I think the biggest difference has been leadership. The first few years Lobster Guy was a definite leader, he was leading them, they have missed that the past few years. The student that inherited the Lobster outfit was a disgrace, he seemed more interested in showing up late and making sure he had his beer in hand.

I am also not expecting the crowd to do a very good job with the white out, my wife included, I will be there with my Ben Moore #34 fresh white jersey on though!

Going to be a HUGE game, I think we could give the guys an advantage, they are going to need it against this team.

Cincy that year was the loudest Moody has ever been.
Duke Blue Blood
Heisman

Postby smusic 00 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:33 pm

There is no shirt giveaway, btw, so wear your own.
smusic 00

Postby mustang1992 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:03 pm

I also remember those first few years, it seemed like every coach had to pull their bench onto the middle of the floor during time-outs, so they could hear. Would be nice if we welcomed our visitors from USC with that same warm atmosphere. :lol:
mustang1992
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:00 pm

mustang1992 wrote:I also remember those first few years, it seemed like every coach had to pull their bench onto the middle of the floor during time-outs, so they could hear. Would be nice if we welcomed our visitors from USC with that same warm atmosphere. :lol:

We can only hope...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby skyscraper » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:57 pm

Stop being nostalgic for the good ole days of three years ago. The good ole days are still happening now. Enjoy the moment. It was certainly loud vs Cincy back in February.
skyscraper

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:15 am

.Image
One Trick Pony

Postby PonyLawExpress » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:51 am

The Mob might not be as good as it was agaisnt UL and UC back then, but it should be solid tonight. All us fans need to make sure the place is rocking too!! I’m already pumped for tonight.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby gostangs » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:01 am

Don't sit back and wait for the MOB to do your job for you. Stand up and get loud yourself, and encourage others to do the same.
gostangs

Postby One Trick Pony » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:17 am

gostangs wrote:Don't sit back and wait for the MOB to do your job for you. Stand up and get loud yourself, and encourage others to do the same.

Down in front
One Trick Pony

Postby PonySnob » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:47 am

mustang1992 wrote:I am also not expecting the crowd to do a very good job with the white out, my wife included, I will be there with my Ben Moore #34 fresh white jersey on though!

Kind of funny that you mention how you don't think the crowd will do much with the white out and yet one of your attendees is part of the problem.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball