PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
ponywhupp9202 wrote:Looking at the new requirements, my new required MC donation level would jump to $500 per seat ($1000 total) and the ticket price would remain $250 per, so $1500 all in. If I moved back one row, my required MC donation and ticket price stay pretty much the same they are right now, so my deal is not too bad really if I am looking at it correctly. I'm guessing other sections are getting squeezed harder?

The problem is you have to give them your $1000 in March but don't know your seats until May.

If enough other people give them $1500 you could be paying $1000 for the rights to purchase tickets in the last row of your section.

If they did it like the previous time where all existing ticket holders had the right of first refusal on their current tickets at the new prices people would not be nearly as offended - but they seem adamant it will not be that way this time.

Ah, that's the part I was unclear on, but get it now. Thank you. If I were a higher dollar donor in better seats there would be more risk involved, but I think I'll roll the $500 dice and see what happens. Between the reaction on here and what the attendance has looked like so far this season, I think I may actually be ok. My priority level is most likely not very high, but we'll see I guess.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby lollaperuna » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:16 pm

They can't do the right of first refusal like last time because they have some high dollar donors needing seats. If I gave a big chunk of change to the IPF I would expect some good tickets at Moody and so would everyone else. Money is always the name of the game, always has been and always will be.
lollaperuna
All-American

Postby PonyTime » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:25 pm

By limiting the number of tickets that each holder can purchase, they are freeing up seats. My guess is that there are people out there buying 8 tickets - perhaps buying for others under one MC donation - and they are trying to turn those 8 seats into two MC donations by limiting the purchase at that level to 4 tickets.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Mestengo » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:26 pm

Keep winnings thanks for all the fish!
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby oilpony » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Mestengo wrote:Keep winnings thanks for all the fish!

lol your killing it
oilpony
All-American

Postby DiamondM » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

I will have to move from seats I've had continuously since 1999, or buy fewer seats. My current donation is $500 per seat, but will go up to $1000 per seat, so double my donation to $4000 a year if I keep all 4 for my family. My 2018 budget will prevent me doubling my donation, so I will see if I can move. We'll see.

It's a bummer. As I said earlier in this thread, I wish we could figure out some combination that will reward longevity and loyalty in some way. I don't really like that any deeper pocket band wagon person can buy in at anytime to jump ahead. On the other hand, there is some threshold above which I also don't mind someone jumping the line in exchange for a big check.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby BUS » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:06 am

Many are sitting on the sidelines waiting to buy tickets on a per game basis. Great seats for games you want and saves money.

I confess that i dont make 100k a year and can spend huge money. Glad others do.

"Sometimes i feel like a mother less child."
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby digman52 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:02 am

We got lucky in section 205 row 7. We are one row above the $1k per seat donation, and kept our $500 per seat level. We do have concern on losing 1 as we buy 5 seats, so wait and see I guess. I have several friends on row 6 in front of us, that aren't thrilled or course.
digman52
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am

Row 7 will be the most popular row in Moody
Pony ^

Postby Mestengo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:32 am

The future is quiet
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:01 pm

digman52 wrote:We got lucky in section 205 row 7. We are one row above the $1k per seat donation, and kept our $500 per seat level. We do have concern on losing 1 as we buy 5 seats, so wait and see I guess. I have several friends on row 6 in front of us, that aren't thrilled or course.

Yes, but are you going to play chicken and give them $500 per seat in March and then find out you are in row 12 in May since a bunch of other people gave them $600 per seat?
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Mestengo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:29 pm

If everyone said no to that, minus the people trying to get the big dollar seats they'd backpedal and do what they did a couple of years ago.
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Bergermeister » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote: Are you going to play chicken and give them $500 per seat in March and then find out you are in row 12 in May since a bunch of other people gave them $600 per seat?

Nope. Not gonna do it. Got screwed before. Won't be participating. Looking forward to the rest of this season though.
Bergermeister

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm

I happen to be on the 7th row but will not be renewing due to most likely being moved to the rafters. Good luck to SMU with your future empty arena, especially with recruiting.

80% of the games will be just like last night.
Pony ^

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Pony ^ wrote:I happen to be on the 7th row but will not be renewing due to most likely being moved to the rafters. Good luck to SMU with your future empty arena, especially with recruiting.

80% of the games will be just like last night.

Last night was fine from a raw numbers total given the circumstances. People compare moody to that first year but don't recognize how different that first year was. 1) we played our early cupcake schedule in front of 50 people in garland (I was one of them) 2) it was our first year in the AAC which created it's own unique excitement 3) it was the unveiling of a new renovation which was exciting 4) LB had landed an Mcdonald all american and had a one and done signed 4) they actually spent money on gameday atmosphere and 4) and it was the first time we were really good in what? 15 years? It will never be like that again where every game is a sell out and rocking. That is an unrealistic expectation.

Will thy lose loyal season ticket holders? sure but given we have been sold out of season tickets pretty much every year not nearly as many of those people are as die hard as they probably imagine themselves to be.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball