PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Postby okcponyfan » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:06 pm

Rebel10 wrote:USC was not a full house?

No there were plenty of empty seats.

Had a group of 4 (2 couples) that got to their seats next to mine probably with 1 minute left in the 1st half. How do you show up late to a 9pm tip? doesn't make sense
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby gostangs » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:49 pm

Eating dinner maybe?
gostangs
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustang1992 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Finally got the reseating email. My donation will go up $1k, I was thinking about upping my contribution about $500, but now I am required to up it $1k and that will just keep me even at the current rank. I agree, this whole business about asking for donations before we even know where we will be seated seems sketchy to me. They may have just priced us out of the stadium. I can guarantee you one thing though, if I am able to afford the increased donation and when it comes time to select seats, if I am unable to get my seats (or equivalent) we will drop both fball and bball the next year.
mustang1992
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:55 pm

I suspect there will be plenty of "non-renewals" because Mustang fans know there are almost always decent seats available on game days at both Moody and Ford
Charleston Pony

Postby Pony ^ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:41 pm

mustang1992 wrote:Finally got the reseating email. My donation will go up $1k, I was thinking about upping my contribution about $500, but now I am required to up it $1k and that will just keep me even at the current rank. I agree, this whole business about asking for donations before we even know where we will be seated seems sketchy to me. They may have just priced us out of the stadium. I can guarantee you one thing though, if I am able to afford the increased donation and when it comes time to select seats, if I am unable to get my seats (or equivalent) we will drop both fball and bball the next year.

exactly. Doubling your donation all the while no guarantee to get your current seats. So I can be on the side sections in great seats, double my donation, and possibly be moved to the corner? No thank you and goodbye.
Pony ^

Postby Mestengo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:07 pm

I already spent mine on the Caribbean
I know exactly which seat I will be in
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 pm

Sorry it stinks for the most loyal supporters: you guys. It ain’t right.

I can catch every home game here on the tube and then use the $$ to cherry pick the road trips.
Nola, Temple, maybe some salt air in FLA....did Vegas... etc
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby Mestengo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:50 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:Sorry it stinks for the most loyal supporters: you guys. It ain’t right.

I can catch every home game here on the tube and then use the $$ to cherry pick the road trips.

http://smumustangs.com/signingday/men-s ... mbball/15/
Mestengo
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby blackoutpony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:21 pm

This is the last year I'm doing season tickets. Not worth it when you can just buy on the secondary market.

Hart and Co are going to kill the atmosphere in there. :oops:
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:29 pm

My reseating information packet arrived in the mail today!

Not worth the paper they wasted printing them tbh - nothing more than is already on the site.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:49 pm

Mestengo wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:Sorry it stinks for the most loyal supporters: you guys. It ain’t right.

http://smumustangs.com/signingday/men-s ... mbball/15/

Hah.... complete with a Little Rascals math example. Let me know how it works out for “Joe.” :roll:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby oilpony » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:25 pm

ponydawg wrote:My same seats next year, IF I can get them will cost a total of $3,000 for 2 tickets.
Thats about $165 per ticket per game, even against mighty Arkansas Pine Bluff.
If $165 per ticket is my budget per game off of stubhub, I can get good seats against NOLA for $12 and floor seats to the upcoming Boise game under that $165 - not counting the $306 I saved for buying cheap tickets to Nola off stubhub.

That being said, money is not my main concern, if I can't afford the jump, I can't afford it, my big concern is ATMOSPHERE! If I'm on the fence, how many others are there? If a fan for 20 years can envision skipping the Paul Quinn game next year because I don't have season tickets in hand, along with a bunch of other very weak excuses, I fear moody will look very unimpressive.

I'm fine with SMU trying to get as much money as they can, I just hope its enough to justify the potential drop off.

where do you sit? if you don't mind me asking
oilpony
All-American

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:14 am

I've looked at the packet and am not positive I fully understand the differences between current and new requirements. I've had 2 seats in sec 207 since Moody has been renovated, and moved down a row or two every season so now I am in row 6.

For that privilege, I've made a $500 Mustang Club donation every year (I was doing that anyway as a 20ish year football season ticket holder), which equated to a required $250 per seat MC donation and the cost of my seats on top of that, which I think are approximately $250ish per seat, so about $1000 all in for 2 seats in 207.

Looking at the new requirements, my new required MC donation level would jump to $500 per seat ($1000 total) and the ticket price would remain $250 per, so $1500 all in. If I moved back one row, my required MC donation and ticket price stay pretty much the same they are right now, so my deal is not too bad really if I am looking at it correctly. I'm guessing other sections are getting squeezed harder?

Also, the graphic listing the 3 year winning percentages of Vilanova, Gonzaga, UK, Arizona, and Kansas as a comparative tool is really kind of BS if you don't include number of NCAA tournament wins of that same group IMO.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby ponydawg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:36 am

oilpony wrote:where do you sit? if you don't mind me asking

In the first 6 rows section of 211. So 1k per seat donation, plus 400 per ticket - So $2,800 before any charges/fees. I'm obviously not a big donor, besides going to every sad lonely game for about 20 years, so this is a big chunk of change for me to see Paul Quinn play for $300. If I was guaranteed same seats, I might pony up, but the unknown factor is keeping me from doing it. I'll either get cheaper seats, go stubhub, or drop football tickets to make up the difference, which I hate because I want to support Dykes and the hire.
ponydawg
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:16 pm

ponywhupp9202 wrote:Looking at the new requirements, my new required MC donation level would jump to $500 per seat ($1000 total) and the ticket price would remain $250 per, so $1500 all in. If I moved back one row, my required MC donation and ticket price stay pretty much the same they are right now, so my deal is not too bad really if I am looking at it correctly. I'm guessing other sections are getting squeezed harder?

The problem is you have to give them your $1000 in March but don't know your seats until May.

If enough other people give them $1500 you could be paying $1000 for the rights to purchase tickets in the last row of your section.

If they did it like the previous time where all existing ticket holders had the right of first refusal on their current tickets at the new prices people would not be nearly as offended - but they seem adamant it will not be that way this time.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball