PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Postby SoCal_Pony » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:29 pm

Bergermeister wrote:
Topper wrote:... And it is all rough patches due to our relationship with the criminal NCAA.

Pot calling the kettle......

SMU is 1000x more ethical than the NCAA.

When we have a comittment to meet, we meet it.
SoCal_Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:35 pm

And the stipends now being given only show how far ahead of the curve we were.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Postby PonySnob » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 am

Dear Men’s Basketball Season Ticket Holders,

First and foremost, thank you to those of you who have answered the call and increased your generosity to SMU Athletics for the Moody Coliseum Reseat! We are proud to report that this initiative has already raised an additional $1.48M in new support for our department. This wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of our faithful Mustang Men’s Basketball fans!

If you still have questions about the Moody Coliseum Reseat initiative announced in November, we encourage you to RSVP to our upcoming information session. The last info session will take place on Wednesday, March 21st at 6:00pm inside the Miller Champions Club at Moody Coliseum. Complimentary parking, light snacks and refreshments will be provided. We hope this provides an opportunity for our current season ticket holders to have their questions answered in advance of the formal reseat process this spring.

To RSVP, please reply to moodyseating@smu.edu or call 214-768-2582. Reservations for the March 21st session must be made by 4 p.m. on Monday, March 19th.

In addition to these information sessions, we encourage fans to utilize the following resources:
moodyseating.com - process overview, timeline and FAQs
moodyseating@smu.edu - email address for Moody Coliseum Reseat questions
ponypriority.com – online donor calculator showing donor rank compared to other Men’s Basketball season ticket holders
214-768-2582 – the Mustang Club’s direct telephone line
As a reminder, all gifts must be made by March 31, 2018 to influence seat selection ranking.

Thank you for your loyal support of our Men’s Basketball program and SMU Athletics.

Go Mustangs & Pony Up!

Matt Peters
Associate A.D., Development | Director of the Mustang Club
SMU Athletics
Last edited by PonySnob on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby used to be 2 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:39 am

I wonder who that One donor is.

Thanks you.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby AustinPerson » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:57 am

I'm afraid that a lot of SMU fans will be making their donations to the program through Stub Hub now.
AustinPerson
All-American

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:32 pm

Does somebody want to explain what "additional $1.48 million in new support" means? Of course I don't trust anything that the AD department says but this is really delightfully unclear. If it means that this has raised $1.5 million so far above what was paid last year, then that is one thing. If it means that they have raised $1.48 million from people who did not have those seats last year, then it leaves open the question of how much of the "old support" they have lost.

I assume they mean that they have raised $1.48 million more than they had last year. That may increase, but as not everyone has renewed (and some clearly will not), I am not sure how they can come up with a number.

And I'm far from blown away by a number that would be matched by increasing a game ticket by less than $12.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:Does somebody want to explain what "additional $1.48 million in new support" means? Of course I don't trust anything that the AD department says but this is really delightfully unclear. If it means that this has raised $1.5 million so far above what was paid last year, then that is one thing. If it means that they have raised $1.48 million from people who did not have those seats last year, then it leaves open the question of how much of the "old support" they have lost.

I assume they mean that they have raised $1.48 million more than they had last year. That may increase, but as not everyone has renewed (and some clearly will not), I am not sure how they can come up with a number.

And I'm far from blown away by a number that would be matched by increasing a game ticket by less than $12.
No one who did not have seats last year is participating in the reseat.
RGV Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Ok so there is no no new support, there is just more money from existing support. That must mean that with more than two weeks to go they have already exceeded last year by nearly $1.5 million. The dark plan has worked!

What percentage of seats have been renewed I wonder?
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:13 pm

I assume the $1.48 additional support goes well beyond the Moody reseat and includes total athletic dept/Mustang Club contributions.
Charleston Pony

Postby untitled » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:07 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:I assume the $1.48 additional support goes well beyond the Moody reseat and includes total athletic dept/Mustang Club contributions.

This was my thought, as well. With the new Mustang Athletic Fund, or whatever it's called, all donations are now lumped together, so this could include donations to non-basketball programs, too.
untitled
Varsity

Postby MV pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:18 pm

This is great news. Now I know SMU doesn't need my money. No guilt, no regrets for not giving. :)
MV pony
All-American

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:36 pm

The 1.48 is new gifts/revenue that SMU didn't have last year which is directly tied to the reseat.
RGV Pony

Postby One Trick Pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Wag the Dog.

RGV I've flown first class with you to games I've drove through volcanoes - put my toes on the north beach with you.
Have partied with you at the Marshall Cafe - used up your drink tickets at that expensive hotel in the Bahamas - hell we've been to a lot of places. I really appreciate your selfless dedication to the mustang club.
One Trick Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Huntington > Tulsa I think, but for the distance
RGV Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:26 pm

RGV Pony wrote:The 1.48 is new gifts/revenue that SMU didn't have last year which is directly tied to the reseat.

True, but they would have raised a similar amount simply with the higher donation requirements so that really isn't a big deal at all.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball