PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Why is no one talking about the re-seating at Moody?

Postby One Trick Pony » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:48 pm

oilpony wrote:I don’t care anymore

^^^^

Thank you oil for grounding me and what's not important this will be my last post on the issue anywhere I'm out.
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:58 pm

smusic 00 wrote:Has no one actually considered that if they keep their same donation that they might end up in better seats or, pardon my French, the same seats? If you decide to ‘quit’ or ‘wait it out’ you will 100% end up in worse seats when you decide you want back in because it’s the cool thing again. I’d actually be willing to bet any $1k donor who isn’t in ‘premium’ seating that their situation either improves or remains the same.

If you are in the front row of 204 or in 103-105 and giving the minimum seat donation you are likely to be shuffled around. So we are talking about 50-60 account holders maximum. And they have all been given figures that indicate what it should take to keep those seats.

I would bet you are absolutely correct. Those that renew are highly likely to be happier with their seats, in the vast majority of instances.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby solomouse » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:04 pm

Not me..I am in row 1 section 204 .i have no idea...but have been a season ticket holder for many,many years.
solomouse
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:
smusic 00 wrote:Has no one actually considered that if they keep their same donation that they might end up in better seats or, pardon my French, the same seats? If you decide to ‘quit’ or ‘wait it out’ you will 100% end up in worse seats when you decide you want back in because it’s the cool thing again. I’d actually be willing to bet any $1k donor who isn’t in ‘premium’ seating that their situation either improves or remains the same.

If you are in the front row of 204 or in 103-105 and giving the minimum seat donation you are likely to be shuffled around. So we are talking about 50-60 account holders maximum. And they have all been given figures that indicate what it should take to keep those seats.

I would bet you are absolutely correct. Those that renew are highly likely to be happier with their seats, in the vast majority of instances.

I imagine the original poster is correct as well.

I am still not going to play chicken to find out though.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby oilpony » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 pm

SMU Section F wrote:
oilpony wrote:I don’t care anymore

I keep trying not to care... hopefully once 03/31/18 passes I'll just move on. Really bummed by the situation.

Its not worth getting bummed about, trust me
oilpony
All-American

Postby PonySnob » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:18 pm

solomouse wrote:Not me..I am in row 1 section 204 .i have no idea...but have been a season ticket holder for many,many years.

Supposedly there is a guy who game $500K for the new aquatics center who wants to be in the center of row 1 in section 204.
Peruna is my mascot!
PonySnob

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:02 pm

PonySnob wrote:
solomouse wrote: Supposedly there is a guy who gave $500K for the new aquatics center who wants to be in the center of row 1 in section 204.

How often?
Bergermeister

Postby used to be 2 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:12 am

Is the reseat meeting still on for tomorrow or has it been cancelled again.
used to be 2
Junior Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

used to be 2 wrote:Is the reseat meeting still on for tomorrow or has it been cancelled again.

Will be held in the ticket booth at Moody.
Bergermeister

Postby horsemanx » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:54 pm

used to be 2 wrote:Is the reseat meeting still on for tomorrow or has it been cancelled again.

Depends on how much $$$ you have!

Typical mixed message here if the reseat is only for existing season ticket holders.

https://twitter.com/jmwhittenburg/statu ... 5356509187

Joshua Whittenburg @jmwhittenburg 7h 7 hours ago
So encouraged to see donors increase their giving to the @MustangClub as a result of the Moody Coliseum Reseat. Thank you for your generous support! Two new, very generous commitments in the last 1/2 hour #PonyUp
An object at rest cannot be stopped!
horsemanx
All-American

Postby oilpony » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:24 pm

horsemanx wrote:

Depends on how much $$$ you have!

Typical mixed message here if the reseat is only for existing season ticket holders.

https://twitter.com/jmwhittenburg/statu ... 5356509187

Joshua Whittenburg @jmwhittenburg 7h 7 hours ago
So encouraged to see donors increase their giving to the @MustangClub as a result of the Moody Coliseum Reseat. Thank you for your generous support! Two new, very generous commitments in the last 1/2 hour #PonyUp

Hurry! Phone lines will be closing at midnight! Keep those calls and dollars coming!
oilpony
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:36 am

Mustang Club @SMUMustangClub
Thank you Tom Huemiller (@Ponyczar91) who answered the call to #PonyUp! A new commitment to the Indoor Performance Center in response to the Moody Coliseum Reseat. Thank you Tom and the entire Huemiller family! #ShapingChampions

Nice to see new money for the IPF. But this tweet also explains how that $1 million-plus number can exist in connection to this re-seat. They're essentially counting a donation toward brick and mortar as a re-seat donation as well.
skyscraper

Postby SMU Section F » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:58 am

skyscraper wrote:Mustang Club @SMUMustangClub
Thank you Tom Huemiller (@Ponyczar91) who answered the call to #PonyUp! A new commitment to the Indoor Performance Center in response to the Moody Coliseum Reseat. Thank you Tom and the entire Huemiller family! #ShapingChampions

Nice to see new money for the IPF. But this tweet also explains how that $1 million-plus number can exist in connection to this re-seat. They're essentially counting a donation toward brick and mortar as a re-seat donation as well.

Yeah, the new structure to giving is good in that it gives credit to donors for all athletics-related giving, but it makes the comparison numbers pretty meaningless as a measure of the re-seat's success.

I'll be interested to see how it all plays out over the next 5-10 years.
SMU Section F
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:02 pm

Yes, not complaining at all about the new structure for giving. It makes more sense.
But agree -- a year-to-year comparison for Moody-related donations is impossible now.
The only true metric is going to be butts in seats, something we won't see until November.
skyscraper

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:08 pm

skyscraper wrote:Nice to see new money for the IPF. But this tweet also explains how that $1 million-plus number can exist in connection to this re-seat. They're essentially counting a donation toward brick and mortar as a re-seat donation as well.

Somehow I don't think they will have to make the same donation next year to be able to keep their basketball seats like most others will.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball