PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Enough is enough.

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Enough is enough.

Postby red&blue » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:07 pm

Everyone and everyone they know should email Copeland and Turner. This is sickening. Clearly, these players are demoralized or just don't care anymore. Dement needs to go, the sooner the better. Whether the situation "transcends" Dement or not, he is making huge coaching errors. He is paid to NOT DO THAT! I am sick of it.
red&blue
Scout Team

Re: Enough is enough.

Postby Pony_Fan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:14 pm

Seems to me they just don't give a rats [deleted] right now. Rebelious against the coach...I don't know but their effort is lacking and they are certainly not giving 100% on each play.

Hey Big Stallion - is our terrible non-Juco talent worthy of last in the WAC?? I certainly don't think so.

<small>[ 01-24-2004, 01:18 PM: Message edited by: Pony_Fan ]</small>
Pony_Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby OldPony » Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:19 pm

I really believe that most have quit. Who knows why but it doesn't speak well to the character of the boys or Dement who I believe has quit too. It seems that none of them care except maybe Castro and Rack with occasional spurts like today from Simpson.
OldPony
Heisman

Postby Hoop Fan » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:26 pm

I think they all care, plenty. Its more an air of being demoralized, not indifferent.
Hoop Fan
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby DickerJames » Sat Jan 24, 2004 5:46 pm

I agree completely Hoop Fan, this team hasnt' quit but they have zero fire and determination because they are beat down. This team certainly doesn't have great talent, but they have the talent to not lose 5 of the last 6 and 2 of 3 at home. Nothing personal, but Dement has to go.
DickerJames
All-American

Postby ponybutt » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:09 pm

I'm right there with you Hoop Fan! The team is simply very down. Now, I must qualify "down", they act like their house burned down and their wife just left them.

The team had some good moments today. The problem is that every team plays a zone against us, which in turn, shuts down BHop's penetration. In order to combat that we need to hit outside shots and we have NO ONE who can hit a three. Miller is the ONLY player who can hit a three.

Our defense is horrible. How many layups did we give up? The layup situation got so bad that both Isham and BHop jumped out of the building in order to save some pride and block two of them.
ponybutt
Junior Varsity

Postby red&blue » Sat Jan 24, 2004 10:09 pm

I totally agree on the demoralized part. What on earth was Dement thinking, having them at practice at 5:30 a.m., then again in the afternoon? (a little late for that, I would say) I think the players no longer care to win for Dement, and they don't know how to win for themselves. This is pitiful. Look at what these players brought to SMU, and look where they are now. If they don't respect the coach and don't have the fire to win in their bellies, you can forget it. I believe this is what has happened all the way back to Willie Davis and further. Dement, it's time to go. Take Copeland with you.
red&blue
Scout Team

Return to Basketball