PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Next weeks games - attendance

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Next weeks games - attendance

Postby mustang1992 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:58 pm

DiamondM wrote:The "Alumni Mob" 2-fer pack actually worked out pretty well. Mob section and sections on either side were full, and there were even some people on the ends. I thought it was a good crowd for a late-ish tip (my kids stayed home) a few days before Christmas with students gone. It was a bit more reactive than proactive compared to when students are there, but I was pleasantly surprised. Tonight will be the test. If all those people who bought the 2 ticket deal come back tonight, then we can't really complain.

The two ticket deal was for last night and against Temple on Jan. 10. Seems strange and sort of random games. Like I said, why not do a package deal for the entire holiday break? Maybe in the future. Glad they did this. It was fun to sit in sec. 112, like in the good old days. Be close to the action, get "high fives" from the players after the game. Plus the shirt rocks!
mustang1992
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:20 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:
skyscraper wrote:Everyone just mute 11. Your life will be much more pleasant.
It takes work to be miserable or disappointed after last night's game.

Lol that’s the spirit. Turn off criticism, it makes you happier. Sad excuse for a person right there. :lol:

What is actually sad is a person who is so lacking in self awareness that they cannot see how consistently negative they are, usually with little justification. I'm sorry it bothers you when people point this fact out and makes you resort to ad hominem attacks that have little to do with anything and only makes you look smaller by comparison.

By the way, skyscraper didn't say he turns off criticism. He tunes out needless negativity.

Pretty sure I put plenty of justification. The response I get back from my original comment is basically in summary: “Nope, you’re dumb”. Wow great feedback, hence my “attacks” for calling garbage... garbage. Shame on me. You say negativity. On the contrary, I never engage in fan threads because football isn’t there. Basketball on the other hand is and took down a tough team pretty easily. I’ve been positive about basketball except for one or two sloppy games. This team has proven itself especially over the years of deserving a rabid fan base. So yeah, I’m going to be critical of the quiet spectators. Hopefully conference play especially against Cincy, WSU, Hou, UCF and temple.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:07 pm

mustang1992 wrote:
DiamondM wrote:The "Alumni Mob" 2-fer pack actually worked out pretty well. Mob section and sections on either side were full, and there were even some people on the ends. I thought it was a good crowd for a late-ish tip (my kids stayed home) a few days before Christmas with students gone. It was a bit more reactive than proactive compared to when students are there, but I was pleasantly surprised. Tonight will be the test. If all those people who bought the 2 ticket deal come back tonight, then we can't really complain.

The two ticket deal was for last night and against Temple on Jan. 10. Seems strange and sort of random games. Like I said, why not do a package deal for the entire holiday break? Maybe in the future. Glad they did this. It was fun to sit in sec. 112, like in the good old days. Be close to the action, get "high fives" from the players after the game. Plus the shirt rocks!

Jan 10 is the ‘Geico Alumni Game’ so makes sense to invite Mob alumni to that one.
smusic 00
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Texas might have had 300 in attendance last night
Pony ^

Postby RI Stang » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Pony ^ wrote:Texas might have had 300 in attendance last night

I'm sure they were loud and rowdy though, so it's all good :roll:
RI Stang
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:30 pm

I take 300 rowdy fans over 8k spectators. Fortunately today’s game felt better than last night. Maybe spectators put down their tea and actually yelled.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Next weeks games - attendance

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:32 pm

Skyscraper made a valid point that you were really forcing it to come up with something negative after Boise and you mocked him as a "sad excuse for a person." Even taken as sarcasm, don't expect a bunch of warm and fuzzy responses to that kind of - to use your term - "garbage."
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:36 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:Skyscraper made a valid point that you were really forcing it to come up with something negative after Boise and you mocked him as a "sad excuse for a person." Even taken as sarcasm, don't expect a bunch of warm and fuzzy responses to that kind of - to use your term - "garbage."

Especially when we all know there is no such thing as a lesser person.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:41 pm

PonyFan32 wrote:Skyscraper made a valid point that you were really forcing it to come up with something negative after Boise and you mocked him as a "sad excuse for a person." Even taken as sarcasm, don't expect a bunch of warm and fuzzy responses to that kind of - to use your term - "garbage."

Forcing it? Lol. I said the team did great (positive) unless that’s neutral thing to say. I thought and still do that fans sucked that game. If he or you don’t like it, I guess cry me a river. Yeah I’ll stick to my comments since he rarely comes up with anything other than “no that’s dumb”. Brilliant feedback. :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby smusic 00 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:15 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Forcing it? Lol. I said the team did great (positive) unless that’s neutral thing to say. I thought and still do that fans sucked that game. If he or you don’t like it, I guess cry me a river. Yeah I’ll stick to my comments since he rarely comes up with anything other than “no that’s dumb”. Brilliant feedback. :lol:

You’re a [deleted].
smusic 00

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:16 am

smusic 00 wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

You’re a [deleted].

Good one... :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:17 am

Most people grow up eventually so there is hope...but you have to love 11's enthusiasm and have to admit we could use more that care as much about our athletic programs
Charleston Pony

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:55 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Most people grow up eventually so there is hope...but you have to love 11's enthusiasm and have to admit we could use more that care as much about our athletic programs

Jeez.... talk about lemonade! You have at least 6 kids....right? :lol:
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby sadderbudweiser » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:23 am

PerunasHoof wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:The first half was the worst and it was closer then. 2nd half sure but I believe Douglas got a cheap shot to the face and it was quiet. 2 years ago Moody fans would be throwing beer and whatever they had at the refs and booing them to death. Anyways, seeing pre-LB to LB to Jank to this night, just felt like fans don’t exist anymore.

Have you cancelled your football season tickets yet?

Just a wild guess on my part but I'll bet he's had his "tickets cancelled"more than once.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:18 am

sadderbudweiser wrote:
PerunasHoof wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:The first half was the worst and it was closer then. 2nd half sure but I believe Douglas got a cheap shot to the face and it was quiet. 2 years ago Moody fans would be throwing beer and whatever they had at the refs and booing them to death. Anyways, seeing pre-LB to LB to Jank to this night, just felt like fans don’t exist anymore.

Have you cancelled your football season tickets yet?

Just a wild guess on my part but I'll bet he's had his "tickets cancelled"more than once.

Nope. Good try. Summary: I suffered through post-JJ days in hope they were waiting for a good coach to be ready and then they hired Morris which was great. They will never need to replace Jank unless he leaves. Great coach. The Dykes hire I didn’t like and still haven’t seen anything yet (flipped ECU recruit, lol). Complaining about [deleted] spectators doesn’t get resolved by cancelling tickets. Just calling them out is the best option.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball