PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Next weeks games - attendance

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Next weeks games - attendance

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:07 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:The first half was the worst and it was closer then. 2nd half sure but I believe Douglas got a cheap shot to the face and it was quiet. 2 years ago Moody fans would be throwing beer and whatever they had at the refs and booing them to death. Anyways, seeing pre-LB to LB to Jank to this night, just felt like fans don’t exist anymore.

Have you cancelled your football season tickets yet?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby DiamondM » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:13 am

The "Alumni Mob" 2-fer pack actually worked out pretty well. Mob section and sections on either side were full, and there were even some people on the ends. I thought it was a good crowd for a late-ish tip (my kids stayed home) a few days before Christmas with students gone. It was a bit more reactive than proactive compared to when students are there, but I was pleasantly surprised. Tonight will be the test. If all those people who bought the 2 ticket deal come back tonight, then we can't really complain.
DiamondM
Heisman

Postby mrydel » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am

I thought it played pretty well on TV. The only thing lacking was any kind of organized chants or maniacal screaming. I blame that on the team for stepping on BSU early and not ever letting them in the game. So shame on them for making it a runaway.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:19 pm

My criticism isn’t over the number of people. There were plenty of people but was way quieter than UNO which had less of a crowd with similar conditions. I feel an instruction manual should be mailed out to the “Alumni mob”. Surely were not the same alums that were around the Nick Moore times that’s for sure.

And PerunasHoof and RI, grow up and actually provide something of substance to the conversation rather than trolling. My guess. You both weren’t there so yeah on TV you are going to have a different expectation level then when you travel down and there and go to every home game regardless of importance or time of the week.

The main point I’m trying to make is I’m worry we are regressing to the same fans at the football games who give you a dirty look for being loud because they want to “peacefully” watch the game.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:My criticism isn’t over the number of people. There were plenty of people but was way quieter than UNO which had less of a crowd with similar conditions. I feel an instruction manual should be mailed out to the “Alumni mob”. Surely were not the same alums that were around the Nick Moore times that’s for sure.

And PerunasHoof and RI, grow up and actually provide something of substance to the conversation rather than trolling. My guess. You both weren’t there so yeah on TV you are going to have a different expectation level then when you travel down and there and go to every home game regardless of importance or time of the week.

The main point I’m trying to make is I’m worry we are regressing to the same fans at the football games who give you a dirty look for being loud because they want to “peacefully” watch the game.

No, I was at the game. Was a good crowd. I try to actually enjoy the games and not find nit picky things to complain about.

You didn't answer my question though, have you cancelled your tickets?
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Hmm so your expectations are mediocre. Shocking.

I ignore dumb questions.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PerunasHoof » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:41 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Hmm so your expectations are mediocre. Shocking.

I ignore dumb questions.

I don't think I've seen someone so universally disliked since Feel The Horsepower/Pony Boss/et al. You certainly aimed for the stars on that metric. Way to go!
PerunasHoof
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:45 pm

That’s fine. I’m not going to be a sheep and say, wow Dykes speech just made me burst into tears for being at the ‘82 game. He’s the best. Or give “fans” a bye for being spectators which I’m guessing is what you were being and getting defensive about it with your meaningless posts. Sorry for your ego. Stop pretending, we don’t continually and will in perpetuity write attendance threads for football and basketball. This isn’t an exception post but rather part of the rule. Geez. :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RI Stang » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:My criticism isn’t over the number of people. There were plenty of people but was way quieter than UNO which had less of a crowd with similar conditions. I feel an instruction manual should be mailed out to the “Alumni mob”. Surely were not the same alums that were around the Nick Moore times that’s for sure.

Great guess - wrong. I'm at every game, wouldn't miss it, games are a blast despite the cost and lengthy round trip that I have to make for each one, but always worth it to me as I love it and my boys love it. Something of substance to the conversation? You are funny. Watch any other college game and compare (outside of the true blue bloods). Can SMU do better with game presentation? Most definitely. But, we do a ton right when it comes to basketball and complaining about the crowd last night is just searching for something to complain about. Please take the whining back to the football board and stop polluting the basketball side. For a late tip the week before Christmas against a non-conference opponent without a big name, you won't find a lot better in the nation.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby skyscraper » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:05 pm

Everyone just mute 11. Your life will be much more pleasant.
It takes work to be miserable or disappointed after last night's game.
skyscraper

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:10 pm

RI Stang wrote:

Great guess - wrong. I'm at every game, wouldn't miss it, games are a blast despite the cost and lengthy round trip that I have to make for each one, but always worth it to me as I love it and my boys love it. Something of substance to the conversation? You are funny. Watch any other college game and compare (outside of the true blue bloods). Can SMU do better with game presentation? Most definitely. But, we do a ton right when it comes to basketball and complaining about the crowd last night is just searching for something to complain about. Please take the whining back to the football board and stop polluting the basketball side. For a late tip the week before Christmas against a non-conference opponent without a big name, you won't find a lot better in the nation.

It really seems both of you are really “triggered” by my criticism. I guess that’s what happens when you call people out. It’s not whining if it’s a legitimate point of view. Sadly people here just hate hearing “negative” comments aka criticism. Get out of your sad safe space, and have an open mind to why someone might think it was kind of sad. Honestly, here’s the remedy: put an instruction pamphlet for each person in the “alumni mob” on how to be a fan. We were playing a pretty big opponent that will give us a bump in our resume and we lost to them last year. It should have been taken seriously. I’m glad our guys led basically the entire time outside of thirty seconds but that doesn’t mean fans should be quiet. When Douglas got knocked to the ground, any normal fan base would be extremely upset. I counted what maybe 4 or 5 shouts. Wow.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:11 pm

skyscraper wrote:Everyone just mute 11. Your life will be much more pleasant.

Lol that’s the spirit. Turn off criticism, it makes you happier. Sad excuse for a person right there. :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:35 pm

somebody is going to find that pic of Sonny with his Daddy Spike and they both are going to be wearing Raider Red with Littl' Sonny tearing up as Bobby Leach is mobbed in the endzone. You guys really think the son of a Midland Lee Coach-a lifetime West Texas Ball Coach-who was soon head to Texas Tech was pulling for SMU? :shock:
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby PonyFan32 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:49 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
skyscraper wrote:Everyone just mute 11. Your life will be much more pleasant.

Lol that’s the spirit. Turn off criticism, it makes you happier. Sad excuse for a person right there. :lol:

What is actually sad is a person who is so lacking in self awareness that they cannot see how consistently negative they are, usually with little justification. I'm sorry it bothers you when people point this fact out and makes you resort to ad hominem attacks that have little to do with anything and only makes you look smaller by comparison.

By the way, skyscraper didn't say he turns off criticism. He tunes out needless negativity.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby One Trick Pony » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Y'all need to hit the 4:20
One Trick Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball