PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Feron Hunt makes a big jump in 247 composite rankings

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Feron Hunt makes a big jump in 247 composite rankings

Postby Terry Webster » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:49 pm

And if we can pick up Maxey...wow.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:53 pm

Stallion wrote:there's still time though for Young to make a big leap his Senior year--he's was making big strides at the end of summer and start of this season. I think unless a guy is injured or "Ben Moore" skinny then go ahead and play him because you'll never get it back if he's the player you hoped he was

Unless Akoy can never get healthy he would have a real hard time getting on the court next season at his weight and development stage. I’ve seen him play this year. He is uber athletic, but he is real skinny he needs to beef up big time. College is gonna be fast for him for a while too.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Yea Young will be a bit of a project but that is ok. Between Mike and Chagois we will be fine in the front court next year not to mention the Arizona game has me convinced that in most circumstances college teams won't be able to punish a small line up. Like LB said he would play 5 guys that are all 6'7" if he could.

Just hope we can get that tournament win this year. This years class and what we have coming makes me think we will retain a constant state of tournament caliber teams. We will just need the occasional special player to take us to that next level (sweet 16+)
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:54 pm

Pony_Law wrote:
Stallion wrote:We had a lot of depth inside when we had Canaan Cunningham coming third off the bench too. Then we'll complain about too much depth and lack of development--I still hate we couldn't get Moreria back up to speed after his injury

What are you talking about? Yannik was a big part of that LB tournament team (and he also got what should ahve been the winning rebound in that game). We didn't take advantage of some of his offensive skill set but he was a great player for us.

He got hurt remember about midseason-and then we couldn't get him into the lineup for more than about 8-10 minutes toward the end of AAC play
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Previous

Return to Basketball