PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

NCAA finally hammers UNC

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

NCAA finally hammers UNC

Postby smusportspage » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:39 pm

University of Northern Colorado that is...... :roll: Oh brother, we knew it was only a matter of time. NCAA continues to be a joke. Sorry no link, just google it.
smusportspage
Heisman

Re: NCAA finally hammers UNC

Postby MV pony » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Pretty sad. Billy as the details on his twitter feed.

The G5 should start a new league with a new administrative body. Let the P5 have the NCAA. Let the G5 govern themselves.
MV pony
All-American

Postby Stallion » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:08 pm

that would immediately signify to every football AND basketball recruit that those schools are in a minor league--soon G5 would be considered Division II. I'd rather be a conference where UCF has a shot at Auburn, UH can win the Peach Bowl, USF has a shot at Texas Tech, and Memphis has a shot at a Big 12 team. I'm sure Boise wouldn't give up its historic victory over OU or when TCU as a G5 won the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl and UCF beat Baylor in an Access Bowl. Biggest victories in those G5 teams history
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:38 pm

NCAA = Criminal Organization. In the late 80s while there were exposes about A&M boosters stealing Section 8 housing money for their athletes and UT players scalping tickets to theirs, the shills in Overland Park were spending all of their time going after the Houston Baptist gymnastics team. Seriously. I subscribed to the Chronicle of Higher Education back then and they ran regular summaries of the NCAA's compliance cases. Total joke.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby Junior » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:25 pm

Didn’t lose many scholarships, but the coaching staff got hammered with big show cause penalties.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Stallion wrote:that would immediately signify to every football AND basketball recruit that those schools are in a minor league--soon G5 would be considered Division II. I'd rather be a conference where UCF has a shot at Auburn, UH can win the Peach Bowl, USF has a shot at Texas Tech, and Memphis has a shot at a Big 12 team. I'm sure Boise wouldn't give up its historic victory over OU or when TCU as a G5 won the Rose Bowl and Fiesta Bowl and UCF beat Baylor in an Access Bowl. Biggest victories in those G5 teams history

Thank you Stallion. Exactly. I get people hate the NCAA... who doesn’t. The last thing we need is to become a pseudo FCS. Lumping the G5 collectively together would just make everyone in the P5 say finally. The jokes kick themselves out.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Basketball