PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Official: SMU vs Boise thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Official: SMU vs Boise thread

Postby mustangxc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:05 pm

Great team effort! I don’t think our ceiling is as high as last year but feel confident we can surpass last year’ results.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SoCal_Pony » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 pm

In post-game interview Jank says he can sense this team is going to raise its game over the next few weeks.

That was a fun game to watch.
SoCal_Pony

Postby ponyboy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:07 pm

LA_Mustang wrote:@JonRothstein
Ethan Chargois. Buy stock now.

Playing like an upperclassman. A damn talented upperclassman.
ponyboy

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Just noticed McMurray (in limited minutes) put up more shots than anyone else, but he hit 6-11 including 4-7 threes. His instant offense is really going to make a difference and he also pulled down 5 boards (some following his own misses) and dished out 2 assists. I loved the cross court touch pass and Gu knocking down the trey
Charleston Pony

Postby PonyFan32 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:13 pm

Yes the touch pass was quite the highlight.

Most of McMurray's shots were good looks and mostly in the offensive flow, plus he looked like he was competing on defense.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby tristatecoog » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:34 pm

Great game! By chance, I got to be close to the action tonight. Back to the rafters in the future.
Fun team. The UH games are gonna be tight.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby Stallion » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:59 am

Jarrey could have had 7-8 First Half assists if Chargois could have handled his great interior passes

Whitt's hands are so quick on defense

two underrated aspects of tonites performance
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby blackoutpony » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:31 am

The only thing that worries me about McMurray is that he still looks really trigger happy. Yes he clearly has a great shot, but some of those looks are ones you’ll get at any point in the shot clock. Hope he learns to work within the offense to make the extra pass to get the “best” shot for the team and not just the one that’ll fill up the stat sheet for him.

You saw it in glimpesss, like when he dished it out to Gu for the 3 instead of trying to force it on the bad lob pass. So stoked to add him, and I think he’ll really help us, I just hope he can play within the team and not need to be the whole show like he was at USF.
BOP - Providing insensitivity training for a politically correct world since 1989.
blackoutpony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby edwa » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:34 am

i felt like he got selfish once he was out there with the freshman squad, and knows to play with the team when its the starters.
edwa
Junior Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:49 am

Stallion wrote:Jarrey could have had 7-8 First Half assists if Chargois could have handled his great interior passes

Whitt's hands are so quick on defense

two underrated aspects of tonites performance

So true. Chargois is a terrific player but as he gets stronger he is really going to be a force. Work on strengthening those hands, big guy!
Charleston Pony

Postby SmooBoy » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:02 am

SmooBoy

Postby stangsup4 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:11 pm

blackoutpony wrote:The only thing that worries me about McMurray is that he still looks really trigger happy. Yes he clearly has a great shot, but some of those looks are ones you’ll get at any point in the shot clock. Hope he learns to work within the offense to make the extra pass to get the “best” shot for the team and not just the one that’ll fill up the stat sheet for him.

You saw it in glimpesss, like when he dished it out to Gu for the 3 instead of trying to force it on the bad lob pass. So stoked to add him, and I think he’ll really help us, I just hope he can play within the team and not need to be the whole show like he was at USF.

We need that sort of mentality though given current roster construction. It really opens everything else up, just the threat of someone that can light it up from anywhere on the court.

I love it.
stangsup4
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball