PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

boise state thoughts

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: boise state thoughts

Postby PonyTime » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:49 pm

jimhagle wrote:
Stallion wrote:also outrebounded a team that was +8 on the season by 7-playing small ball for much of the game

That was nice but they hadn't played anyone this year outside of Oregon. Also their coach basically played most of their starting lineup til the end for some strange reason.

Boise put a lot of their bench in at about the 3 min mark. The Frosh from Allen, TX finally got in and hit a three and the Boise crowd behind their bench got the loudest they had been all night (as it must have been the family of the kid).

Was surprised to see that they had 3-4 Texans and one from Norman, OK on their roster.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: boise state thoughts

Postby RI Stang » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:09 pm

ojaipony wrote:He not only provides a scoring spark off the bench but he's a great insurance policy should someone get into foul trouble like Whitt did against TCU (or BenE sometimes or Jarrey who is usually defending someone bigger than him). In the back court, we are golden (Douglas can even come in and give us "ok" minutes). The only issue I see for us is the front court because Akoy is just nowhere near 100% poor guy. Chargois is a star and Ray is serviceable (good rebounder, defender, good IQ, just doesn't give us much on the offensive end which isn't really necessary).

Hope Ray gets some solid minutes in tonight, and would suspect that he will. Akoy has obviously not proven that he can give us much of anything (at least not yet), and if Ethan gets in foul trouble, we can't always go small. The upcoming UCF game will of course be interesting with Tacko, including our approach to guarding and/or fouling him. Having Ray be able to give 5-10 minutes and use some of those fouls would be a plus I think on the defensive end.
RI Stang
All-American

Previous

Return to Basketball