PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Keith Frazier Taking Indefinite Leave of Absense from UTEP

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Keith Frazier Taking Indefinite Leave of Absense from UT

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:00 pm

#yolavarlithuania?
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:07 pm

sad story; don't have any idea what might be going on in his personal life but hope he can get it together and support himself and his family. Even though he didn't do much at SMU and was at the center of our current problems, it sure was fun when he 1st arrived. I will always associate Keith and LB as cornerstones of SMU basketball's resurrection.
Charleston Pony

Postby Mustangsabu » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 am

I wish him the best but I fear the worst. Clearly a chap who really struggles at life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyLaw90 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:I wish him the best but I fear the worst. Clearly a chap who really struggles at life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. I gravitate between: (1) did the three colleges do everything possible to assist a clearly academically deficient athlete succeed and give him an opportunity; or (2) is he responsible for his own actions?

I know I can talk all day long about how I picked myself up from my own bootstraps, paid my way through college by driving a bus, doing landscaping, painting and being a maintenance man. Therefore, anyone can do the same. But that's not exactly true. I was actually a poor kid, but I had pretty solid academics and came from a loving, nurturing family. I also did well in school socially. School was actually very easy for me.

The same cannot be said of Keith. Unfortunately, he will be example number "x" of the failure of the system of a whole. High school, coaches, teachers, colleges, all who passed him along because he could hit a nice jumper and dribble well.

I wish him well, but I suspect the story will not end well.
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby Stallion » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

The real story is that Keith was recruited as a freshman at Irving High to transfer to Kimball. DISD Scandal No. 1. The real story is that a voting majority of DISD District Coaches & Committees "turned a blind eye" to high school transfers so that they could get their own transfers. DISD Scandal No. 2. The real story is that Keith never should have been allowed to graduate from high school-in his Senior year alone he was failing 4 courses in the 2nd semester and didn't attend class for the required number of days to graduate. DISD Scandal No. 3 and 4. The real story is that he didn't have the academic performance to qualify for any university much less SMU-but that's somehow his high school transcript was magically transformed late in his Senior year so he could qualify under the NCAA sliding scale. See DISD/SMU Scandal No. 5. The real story is a lot worse than "a tutor took a course for him he didn't even need". SMU Scandal No. 6. The real story is that SMU admitted Keith on the basis of a manufactured transcript that many at SMU knew or should have known had been doctored. Etc Etc Etc.

If he ever learned to write as he was passed along through the educational system he ought to write a book exposing how the system works. Might require some self-introspection though first
Last edited by Stallion on Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Postby skyscraper » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm

I fear the next time we hear about KF it's gonna be in the obits. His life story has a bad vibe to it.
skyscraper

Postby mustangxc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:48 pm

Right or wrong, career advancement will not be easy with face and neck tattoos.
mustangxc

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Stallion wrote:The real story is that Keith was recruited as a freshman at Irving High to transfer to Desoto.

I knew he went to IHS but did not realize he went to DeSoto before he enrolled at Kimball. Wonder what happened at DeSoto.
Bergermeister

Postby Stallion » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:17 pm

meant Kimball
"With a quarter of a tank of gas, we can get everything we need right here in DFW." -SMU Head Coach Chad Morris

When momentum starts rolling downhill in recruiting-WATCH OUT.
Stallion

Previous

Return to Basketball