PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Unofficial Temple Game Thread

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Unofficial Temple Game Thread

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:11 am

kerrywoodwins20 wrote:A win against Wichita State erases that game and makes it a win, but I won't hold my breath.

I wouldn’t. My hope is that we beat both Cincy and WSU at home. I feel that’s the only route. We can’t beat middle teams on the road so most likely lose to everyone but ECU and USF on the road. I pray we don’t lose to freaking weak [deleted] UCONN but this team sure shows it. Hopefully, we rebound against Tulane at home. Never did I think this team would be capable of 4 straight losses or losing other than to Cincy or WSU at home. Feels similar to the year we got snubbed from SMU where we lost a few in a row towards the end.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:34 am

Stallion wrote:So a "gutless coward" repeatedly calls our players "gutless cowards" and everybody is fine with that? You need to pull back on the alcohol [deleted]. 13 points in about 8-9 minutes-or whatever it was-would have been one of the biggest comebacks in SMU history-they lost but they aren't gutless cowards unlike YOU. Sober up

Will second this comment. We have a nominee for most immature or intoxicated poster of the year. At one point he or she proclaims the rest of the season means nothing, so I would invite him/her to check out and not bother coming back. I don't know to what extent the flu bug is affecting this team, but I wonder how many on this board ever played (even at the H.S. level) a game either with or coming off an illness like that? I remember all too well the feeling and it's no picnic.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mr. pony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:01 am

Stallion wrote:So a "gutless coward" repeatedly calls our players "gutless cowards" and everybody is fine with that? You need to pull back on the alcohol [deleted]. 13 points in about 8-9 minutes-or whatever it was-would have been one of the biggest comebacks in SMU history-they lost but they aren't gutless cowards unlike YOU. Sober up

So what’s the “market rate” on Jank, now, counselor?
mr. pony
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RI Stang » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:26 am

Charleston Pony wrote:

Will second this comment. We have a nominee for most immature or intoxicated poster of the year. At one point he or she proclaims the rest of the season means nothing, so I would invite him/her to check out and not bother coming back. I don't know to what extent the flu bug is affecting this team, but I wonder how many on this board ever played (even at the H.S. level) a game either with or coming off an illness like that? I remember all too well the feeling and it's no picnic.

This. Caring about the team and wanting the guys to be successful is great - and that can lead to frustration, I certainly know all to well about that. Calling them "gutless cowards" is NOT OK. Please give up on the team and never come back - you are a disgrace.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:49 pm

And for everyone calling Temple a horrible team and this a horrible loss, try to remember that Temple is the ONLY team to have beaten Auburn and Clemson this year. They are certainly capable of competing in this conference and this win might give them new life. Be thankful we don't have to go play them again in Philly.
Charleston Pony

Postby RGV Pony » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Definitely seemed like they were due coming in here. Had cinci on the ropes. Maybe they righted the ship after the 21 point loss to UCF
RGV Pony

Postby JHG » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:And for everyone calling Temple a horrible team and this a horrible loss, try to remember that Temple is the ONLY team to have beaten Auburn and Clemson this year. They are certainly capable of competing in this conference and this win might give them new life. Be thankful we don't have to go play them again in Philly.

We are the biggest enigma in college basketball.
JHG
Junior Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:16 pm

kerrywoodwins20 wrote:Got the 3 point lead and then choked on that big ole D.

Gutless cowards.

Man up or are you the biggest coward of them all?
mustangxc

Previous

Return to Basketball