PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL Wichita State thread 1/17/18

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL Wichita State thread 1/17/18

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 pm

jimhagle wrote:We beat the 7th ranked team in the country. Guess the Shockers were overrated.

I don't believe they were overrated.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Rebel10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 pm

Tulsa is playing pretty well now. SMU better not take Tulsa lightly. No way I am going to diminish this win by saying Wichita State is overrated.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby jimhagle » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:48 pm

skyscraper wrote:
jimhagle wrote:
Boston Pony wrote:Wichita is not overrated, we played great.

They lost to us at home and barely beat Tulsa this past week.

Go [deleted] in someone else's corn flakes please.

Love the win just saying I think they are overrated a bit. Chill out.
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:02 pm

My uc friends are sending us flowers. They really appreciated what we did tonight.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:04 pm

Just finished watching the game on TiVo. Great win. In some ways makes the temple and Tulane losses sting more as this team so far deserves to be a tournament team but we might not make it because of NCAA bs.

A few thoughts, 1) anyone who wants to criticize shake about not being an alpha or some other trash needs to STFU forever, when he is finishing at the rim he is ungardable at this level. He also gets fouled a a lot without calls. 2) a big part of our 3 game slide was jarrey’s and jimmy’s Shooting slump, we obviously broke the shooting slump as a team tonight 3) akoy did some nice things in his minutes if he can give us that we are in a good spot 4) we shot like crazy but we also missed some wide open looks (Chagois has 2 I can remember so did McMurry) 5) hope jarrey is ok. The team rallied together when he went down but we will be a much worse team without him. 6) chagois and shake on the pick and roll is deadly. It would be insane if shake came back next year (won’t happen but I can dream) and spent the summer practicing the pick and roll with chagois in Oklahoma. Chagois should split his practice time on his three point shot and getting stronger to win the fights for position on rebounding.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:05 pm

Repeat of the game on espnu at 3 eastern if you want to tape.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:13 pm

Tulane is handling Houston tonight. They are on the rise.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:27 pm

mrydel wrote:Tulane is handling Houston tonight. They are on the rise.

Starting to look like it. Not a surprise with Dunleavy.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:28 pm

Tulane won.
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 pm

Conference is a lot better than people give credit for. Unfortunately it means that the winner is going to have 3 losses and third place will have 5 conference losses. Cincy and Wichita are locks for the tourney, but only one other team is getting in because Tulane and Temple and Tulsa and Memphis are perceived as "bad" even though they aren't. Houston versus SMU right now for that last spot.
JasonB

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:03 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Just finished watching the game on TiVo. Great win. In some ways makes the temple and Tulane losses sting more as this team so far deserves to be a tournament team but we might not make it because of NCAA bs.

A few thoughts, 1) anyone who wants to criticize shake about not being an alpha or some other trash needs to STFU forever, when he is finishing at the rim he is ungardable at this level. He also gets fouled a a lot without calls. 2) a big part of our 3 game slide was jarrey’s and jimmy’s Shooting slump, we obviously broke the shooting slump as a team tonight 3) akoy did some nice things in his minutes if he can give us that we are in a good spot 4) we shot like crazy but we also missed some wide open looks (Chagois has 2 I can remember so did McMurry) 5) hope jarrey is ok. The team rallied together when he went down but we will be a much worse team without him. 6) chagois and shake on the pick and roll is deadly. It would be insane if shake came back next year (won’t happen but I can dream) and spent the summer practicing the pick and roll with chagois in Oklahoma. Chagois should split his practice time on his three point shot and getting stronger to win the fights for position on rebounding.

We were all spoiled by Nic’s leadership in the closing minutes of games and as great as Shake is he doesn’t compare to Nic in that regard. That is not a knock on Shake we were simply spoiled by having Nic lead us 3 seasons.
mustangxc

Postby mustangxc » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:05 pm

JasonB wrote:Conference is a lot better than people give credit for. Unfortunately it means that the winner is going to have 3 losses and third place will have 5 conference losses. Cincy and Wichita are locks for the tourney, but only one other team is getting in because Tulane and Temple and Tulsa and Memphis are perceived as "bad" even though they aren't. Houston versus SMU right now for that last spot.

Depending on what teams beat each other and total wins I still think 4 is likely with 5 possible.
mustangxc

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:24 am

[quote="Pony_Law"] anyone who wants to criticize shake about not being an alpha or some other trash needs to STFU forever, when he is finishing at the rim he is ungardable at this level. He also gets fouled a a lot without calls

So you are suggesting that Skyscraper edit the title of his "The incredible shrinking Shake Milton" thread? I noticed he/she has been quiet
Charleston Pony

Postby Nacho » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 am

so every team we beat is overrated
Nacho

OFFICIAL Wichita State thread 1/17/18

Postby skyscraper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Our season is not static and I'm certainly not quiet on here, lol.
Anyone who thought Shake did great in the Bahamas is lying to themselves. That doesn't mean he can't improve and grow.
Shake has been carrying this team for a few games now and last night absolutely took over. It was the type of assertive performance we've all been craving.
That doesn't negate the fact he was a non-factor in some games in late November. But that's in the past. All that matters now is he continue to bring it every night. I think he will.
skyscraper

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball