PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kudos to Shake Milton

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kudos to Shake Milton

Postby huskerpower » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am

Pony_Law wrote:On Akoy he also circulated the ball well when he was in and on a Jimmy Whitt drive he sealed of the inside help defender . Those are subtle things that make a big impact. Ben Moore was kind at those type of plays.

I don't think many of you understand how serious the knee infection he had was. Pick lines are/can be very serious situation. Basically shut him down for 2 months. Spoke with him at length after the game last nite and he is still working on getting his strength and durability back. Very frustrating for him. Obviously last nite was his best yet in an SMU jersey. Being confident with your body can affect your entire game. Whata game by Shake. Probably the best performance I have personally witnessed on the collegiate level. Looking forward to my next trip to Tulsa in a couple weeks. My record currently stands at 11-0 in games I have attended in Akoy's college career, 2-0 this season(USC & WSU).

And after the game, Foster was first outta the locker room. No crutches and noticeable limp. Doesn't think its any ligament tears because hes had a torn ACL but this didn't feel like that when it happened. Yet to be determined, example, Carson Wentz.

Have a great day all. GO 'Stangs!!!!!!!
huskerpower

Postby ponyfan777 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm

Very nice game Shake and way 2 Go Ponies!
DeanO~
ponyfan777
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:31 pm

Jahmal's is finding the sweet spot between the all-me show and pass-first.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby The Falcon » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 pm

Good observation Ponyboy. Jahmal seemed to fit more into the rhythm of the team
last night and definitely played a part in the win. With Jarrey down, we had to have JM's
performance.

Thanks Huskerpower for sharing in person info on Agau. He is now showing signs of
helping us more down the road. He played much better last night.
Last edited by The Falcon on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby PonyLawExpress » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:31 pm

huskerpower wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:On Akoy he also circulated the ball well when he was in and on a Jimmy Whitt drive he sealed of the inside help defender . Those are subtle things that make a big impact. Ben Moore was kind at those type of plays.

I don't think many of you understand how serious the knee infection he had was. Pick lines are/can be very serious situation. Basically shut him down for 2 months. Spoke with him at length after the game last nite and he is still working on getting his strength and durability back. Very frustrating for him. Obviously last nite was his best yet in an SMU jersey. Being confident with your body can affect your entire game. Whata game by Shake. Probably the best performance I have personally witnessed on the collegiate level. Looking forward to my next trip to Tulsa in a couple weeks. My record currently stands at 11-0 in games I have attended in Akoy's college career, 2-0 this season(USC & WSU).

And after the game, Foster was first outta the locker room. No crutches and noticeable limp. Doesn't think its any ligament tears because hes had a torn ACL but this didn't feel like that when it happened. Yet to be determined, example, Carson Wentz.

Have a great day all. GO 'Stangs!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing. I hope Jarrey is right. Hopefully it is just a knee sprain, but as you said sometimes it doesn't feel the same as the other time and its still torn ACL or a torn meniscus. Good news not on crutches, but I saw Kobe walk off the court with a torn Achilles..

Thanks for sharing on Akoy. You should make the trip to Dallas for the WSU and UC games with that kind of record.

Akoy is a great kid and really wants to be back to full strength. I expect to see a totally different player (the one we expected) next season. My hope is that he can continue to improve as the season goes on, he has looked much more mobile and physical the last 2 games. We will need him down the stretch this year.

@Ponyboy, those type of performance from McMurray will be crucial down the stretch. We need another scorer when things get tough to go with Shake.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:40 pm

This was the Shake as he was in high school-taking over a game. What a display he put on!
jimhagle
Heisman

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Julian Grendel wrote:
sadderbudweiser wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Well sh-!t. Thought the game started at 8. Missed the while damned thing.

So did I.... in the road between Santa Fe and Durango.

Absolutely thrilled to give the Schnockers their first AAC loss.
Hope you stopped at the Malt Shoppe in Pagosa

Not this time but I’ve been there. Had a house in Durango for years.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm

Awesome to see Shake just to decide to take over the game with his partner in crime (dunk crimes) sidelined with an injury. Hope Jarrey just has a sprain and can be back in a couple of weeks. Akoy did play better and after Jank took Jahmal out in the first half and talked to him he played a lot better/within the offense when he went back in and contributed like he can. The switch up to the zone was key to getting this win and kudos to Jank for moving to this.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:54 pm

That was honestly one of the best individual performances I’ve seen by an SMU athlete ever. WSU fans think he is a god.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby PonyFan32 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:55 am

LA_Mustang wrote:That was honestly one of the best individual performances I’ve seen by an SMU athlete ever. WSU fans think he is a god.

If I had that sample size, I would too. Kind of how I viewed Russ Smith after he played us.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby LA_Mustang » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:20 am

PonyFan32 wrote:
LA_Mustang wrote:That was honestly one of the best individual performances I’ve seen by an SMU athlete ever. WSU fans think he is a god.

If I had that sample size, I would too. Kind of how I viewed Russ Smith after he played us.

That is a GREAT comparison. The performance Smith gave at Moody was out of this world. He could not miss. Good stuff, PonyFan32.
SMU-12 NCAA appearances, 1 Final Four
2014-15 & 2016-17 AAC Men's Basketball Champs

LA_Mustang

Postby ponyboy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:18 am

It was an outstanding performance, so much so the Wichita online paper had an article breaking down Milton's performance. But I think sometimes we forget, for all his typical quiet way of going about things Shake is going to be well-drafted into the NBA.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 47139.html
ponyboy

Postby jimhagle » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:17 pm

ponyboy wrote:It was an outstanding performance, so much so the Wichita online paper had an article breaking down Milton's performance. But I think sometimes we forget, for all his typical quiet way of going about things Shake is going to be well-drafted into the NBA.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 47139.html

If he keeps this up the Mavs might give him a serious look. And they could use his type of talent to go along with Smith at guard.
jimhagle
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball