PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kudos to Shake Milton

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Kudos to Shake Milton

Postby ponyboy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:26 pm

11 of 14 from the field and 6/6 from the line.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony81 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm

Shake took the Shamet challenge seriously..... brought his game. I hope he can play with that much focus and relaxation the rest of the year. Some of those 3s were Russ Smith worthy.
Pony 81
Pony81
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:35 pm

Haven't seen a more complete game from anyone in an SMU jersey in a long time. That was unreal.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:06 pm

When shake is finishing at the rim he is ungardable. Everything as working. Also I’m sure felt extra motivated by the last couple of losses and also because of Jerrey going down.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby PonyLaw90 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:39 pm

There was something very different about Shake tonight and it was evident early in the game. Something akin to "this is my team and my time." He had confidence, he dared people to foul him, and he challenged people for giving him 2 feet. If you backed up, he unloaded the three. He drove the lane very strong with his left hand and he finished. If this guy finishes the season with this mindset, he's the best player in the American.

I'm praying Foster is ok. My heart always stops when he clutches his knee.

GREAT GAME PONIES!
PonyLaw90
Varsity

Postby The Falcon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:46 pm

Shake has been great in almost every game this year, but I believe that when
Jarrey went down he realized that he had to take charge. I believe that this
is the first time this year where he has taken over a game and willed us to a win.

In my homer view I thought he should have had even more free throws in that the
WS guys were hanging all over him, bumping him, and trying to disrupt him the whole
game. Kudos to Shake for not letting it bother him. Thanks Shake for a great game.
I also liked McMurray's game tonight. He stepped up to take some of the slack when
Jarrey went down. Praying for Jarrey to come back as soon as possible but not
until he is absolutely ready.
The Falcon
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am

Just watched the game. What can you say about Shake? And is Agau now quietly a plus on the floor? I was ready to write him off.
ponyboy

Postby Julian Grendel » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:34 am

The Falcon wrote:Shake has been great in almost every game this year, but I believe that when
Jarrey went down he realized that he had to take charge. I believe that this
is the first time this year where he has taken over a game and willed us to a win.

In my homer view I thought he should have had even more free throws in that the
WS guys were hanging all over him, bumping him, and trying to disrupt him the whole
game. Kudos to Shake for not letting it bother him. Thanks Shake for a great game.
I also liked McMurray's game tonight. He stepped up to take some of the slack when
Jarrey went down. Praying for Jarrey to come back as soon as possible but not
until he is absolutely ready.
I think you're onto something in your second paragraph
Julian Grendel
Junior Varsity

Postby RI Stang » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:36 am

ponyboy wrote:Just watched the game. What can you say about Shake? And is Agau now quietly a plus on the floor? I was ready to write him off.

Very solid 12 minutes from Akoy - a couple of nice baskets down low and boxed out well to grab some boards. Also happy to see him resist putting up that 3 that he clearly wanted to so badly :D

Hopeful that this will help spring him to better contributions going forward - obviously if he can do it against those guys he can do it against others in our conference. Would be really great to have him playing with confidence when Cincy comes to town.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:57 am

On Akoy he also circulated the ball well when he was in and on a Jimmy Whitt drive he sealed of the inside help defender . Those are subtle things that make a big impact. Ben Moore was kind at those type of plays.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby RI Stang » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:05 am

Agreed, those little things are huge. Shake contributes dozens of those over the course of a game that don't get noticed in the box score. I thought Ethan passed the ball much better last night out of the post as well (even though only resulted in one recorded assist). Have to think that the improved team play in the post from Akoy and Ethan came from a week of practice to work on some of those areas where we had been struggling. I don't think it can be overstated how important that length of time for practice only can be. Looks like we'll get a similar opportunity in early Feb between those trips to Tulsa and Houston.
RI Stang
All-American

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 am

Shake was 5 of 6 from 3. And some of those 3’s were long range NBA type 3’s. One of which was in the Wichita State logo area.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Blunt Pony » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 am

Shake was amazing last night. He was also amazing vs. Temple but that was lost with the loss. I think Shake has turned a corner in his career. He may just be realizing that he can step up and put the team on his shoulders. I think this is what we all hoped for early but it is now happening. When he was clearing guys out at the top of the circle to create his shot he was saying "I got this." Was fun to watch this happen. Let's keep the momentum going. That was a HUGE win!
Blunt Pony
Varsity

Postby Rebel10 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:15 am

Just have to give him some help on off nights (which all players have every now and then) and the team will be fine imo.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Pony ^ » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 am

Jahmal was also a beast last night stepping in for Foster
Pony ^

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball