PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Foster

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Foster

Postby Junior » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:43 pm

It didn't look good. If it's only a sprain, he dodged a huge bullet. Fingers crossed.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby RI Stang » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:54 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Jerrey always wears a sleave. Guess it's good that he is not in a brace. Also good he is not on crutches/is at the facility. Doesn't feel like he will play. Pretty tired of playing Tulane down a starter short handed. Sure hope he is healthy and could play against UCONN.

If he only misses the Tulane game, that would be miraculous. I thought for sure when it happened live that he tore ligaments and would be gone the rest of this season and likely some of next. While I too would much rather play Tulane with our full roster, I'll also be thanking the good Lord if he only misses a game or two!
RI Stang
All-American

Postby sadderbudweiser » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:35 pm

Pony_Law wrote:Jerrey always wears a sleave. Guess it's good that he is not in a brace. Also good he is not on crutches/is at the facility. Doesn't feel like he will play. Pretty tired of playing Tulane down a starter short handed. Sure hope he is healthy and could play against UCONN.

I would gladly trade being short Jarrey at home vs Tulane in exchange for Jarrey for the rest of the season.
Party at The Wopper!
sadderbudweiser

Postby PonyFan32 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:

I would gladly trade being short Jarrey at home vs Tulane in exchange for Jarrey for the rest of the season.

Me too
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby JoeKidd » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm

Even if its just a sprain he'll be out 2 weeks.....which yes I would take over whole season. Praying for Jarrey.
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby Pony_Law » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm

Jerrey posted a selfie with a thumbs up on his Instagram, maybe we are lucky and it’s just a sprain. Tulane at home should be ok, UCONN on the road would be tougher.
Pony_Law
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:05 pm

Didn’t Jank said he’s on day-2-day observation. Based on that, i would imagine limited playing time this Saturday assuming no setbacks, right?
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby No Quarter » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 pm

I always thought it remarkable that Foster played as a freshman given his HS injury. I hope he recovers and plays more ball whether for us this year or next and maybe after that. Even more I hope that he is able to walk, move about, live without discomfort after he shoots his last basket.

Go Ponies
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby PonyLawExpress » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:28 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Didn’t Jank said he’s on day-2-day observation. Based on that, i would imagine limited playing time this Saturday assuming no setbacks, right?

I would be shocked if he played Saturday. Give his knee time to rest. Best case scenario he is back for UConn, I would think. I would think he is out at least a week or two, unless it’s a real minor sprain.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Postby skyscraper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:38 pm

Agree, there's no way he plays Saturday, even if it's just a sprain.
skyscraper

Postby papawasamustang » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:10 pm

No Quarter wrote:I always thought it remarkable that Foster played as a freshman given his HS injury. I hope he recovers and plays more ball whether for us this year or next and maybe after that. Even more I hope that he is able to walk, move about, live without discomfort after he shoots his last basket.

Go Ponies

Foster sat out his senior year of HS rehabbing his injury. That's why he played his freshman year.
"We have a great bunch of outside shooters. Unfortunately, all our games are played indoors."
papawasamustang
Heisman

Postby PonyFan32 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Let's also appreciate that he has been pretty healthy thus far for 2.5 years given his injury history, that he plays close to the basket on both ends guarding bigger players, and he has more chances to land awkwardly or on someone's foot than your average player because of how many dunks and put backs he gets.
PonyFan32
Heisman

Postby No Quarter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:13 am

papawasamustang wrote:
No Quarter wrote:I always thought it remarkable that Foster played as a freshman given his HS injury. I hope he recovers and plays more ball whether for us this year or next and maybe after that. Even more I hope that he is able to walk, move about, live without discomfort after he shoots his last basket.

Go Ponies

Foster sat out his senior year of HS rehabbing his injury. That's why he played his freshman year.

I read his bio on SMUMUSTANGS again. I had forgotten or overlooked missing his last year in HS. It still speaks well for his determination in recovering.
No Quarter
Heisman

Postby HarvCrimYaleBlue » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

Just saw a tweet saying he is out for the season...
HarvCrimYaleBlue
Heisman

Postby jimhagle » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:55 pm

Unbelievable
jimhagle
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Basketball