PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Educate Me...What is Isiaha Mike's Status

Anything involving SMU basketball belongs here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Educate Me...What is Isiaha Mike's Status

Postby PonyLawExpress » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:35 pm

sadderbudweiser wrote:
Pony_Law wrote:I Doubt we will be zone much of next year if jerrey is back. Assuming Chargois improves his quickness and mike is what is advertised, and akoy is more like last night I think we will see akoy/Chargois/Mike playing the 4 and 5 most of the game, with Jerrey and Hunt spotting at the 4 as necissary. Think you will see Jarrey/hunt/Douglas playing the 3 and jimmy and McMurry playing the 1/2 with landrum and Douglas spelling them as necissary. Wouldn’t be surprised if we snag a grad transfer guard either. That team is in theory athletic enough to play tough man to Man all day with few bad matchups. You could even move jerrey to the 2 and take McMurry out and by really long.

I think I remember hearing that Hunt can play some good D?

Seems like being a defensive asset would be a good way for freshmen (and next year's sophs) to get minutes.

Yes, Hunt is supposed to be a good defender and is a legit 6'8 and freakishly athletic. Hunt will play good sub minutes at the 3/4 next season. Learn from Jarrey.

ICYMI: https://twitter.com/TexasHoopsTV/status ... 6722360320

I think we will play more zone D next year than in the past, but I agree with Sadder we will still primarily be a man team, I think. With projected starting 6'9, 6'8, 6'6, 6'3 (w/ 6'11 wingspan) at 4 of the spots we won't be that small at all. I am not a huge fan of small guards (unless they play like Nic or McMurray), but having one in with 4 good sized player won't hurt you (like w/Nic).

It will be key for WIll Douglas to step up next season and live up to his hype, because it is a liability to play McMurray and Landrum together. Also, we will need another guard shooter to step up losing Shake and Gu. Landrum and Whitt aren't 3 shooters so we will need Douglas to give us some quality shooting from deep off the bench to go with McMurray. I would love us to grab a big-tme transfer guard or a quality grad-transfer guard.

We could as Sadder said swing Jarrey to the 2 at times if Feron is playing well. We will have some options.
PonyLawExpress
Heisman

Previous

Return to Basketball